• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B6 Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do your homework before you come to JetBlue . The majors are also starting to hire . We are rapidly falling further behind them in all areas. On a brighter note we finally kicked off our 3rd union drive , yep 3 years in a row .

Hopefully the third time's the charm.

Dave Barger hires experts to help him secure a good contract. If it's good for him, it's good for us. It's just business, nothing personal.

Most airlines do not pay for your hotel room for an interview.

By the way, Jetblue is a pretty good place to work. I've been here for many years. The new healthcare is BAD, but all things considered it is a good place.
There are a few people on this thread trying to convince people not to come here. This is a loosely coordinated effort to make people not want the job so that the airline will come around and fix our grievances. If nobody wants the job, the pay and benefits will go up.
I applaud their efforts to advance our situation.
However, I find their tactics offensive and demeaning to the pilots who work here.

By the way, Jetblue is a pretty good place to work. I've been here for many years. The new healthcare is BAD, but all things considered it is a good place.
There are a few people on this thread trying to convince people not to come here. This is a loosely coordinated effort to make people not want the job so that the airline will come around and fix our grievances. If nobody wants the job, the pay and benefits will go up.
However, I find their tactics offensive and demeaning to the pilots who work here.

100% correct.

Tactics? You mean pointing out all the areas we are deficient in? Some of you need to become less sensitive and get honest with yourselves.

Do you think there is an effort to get people to not come To JetBlue? That's ludicrous, I have two retired military folks in my neighborhood that have taken jobs at regionals until the flood gates open up. They have both told me they are not interested in JetBlue. The overwhelming majority of regional pilots I have spoken with tell me they haven't even applied. Word is out, our benefits are horrible and now our pay is falling behind.

What do you suggest? Should we all just say everything is great? Why is it that you only see this kind of discourse on JetBlue threads? Well maybe on the VA threads too. I don't see DL,UA,AL,HA,WN,FedEx,UpS pilots telling potential new hires how poor benefits are. Hmmm why is that? Oh yeah, they all have negotiated better pay and benefits!

Here's the thing, as a new hire, I'm not likely to side with the offensive and demeaning crowd. If you want to win hearts and minds, you better change your tune.

Instead of basing your opinion on an anonymous message board, why don't you do the homework yourself?
Go to http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines.html and see for yourself. Call you buddies at other major airlines and ask them to send you copies of their contract. Don't make an emotional decision, study the facts and go from there.

Here's the thing, as a new hire, I'm not likely to side with the offensive and demeaning crowd. If you want to win hearts and minds, you better change your tune.

This hearts and minds argument is beyond old. It's as though you can't face the truth unless it's wrapped in warm fuzzy language couched to let you avoid the fact that you've been vastly wrong for way too long. I'm tired of explaining the obvious to the clueless. I'm convinced that we'll probably all spiral into oblivion as a pilot group because people like yourself would rather spiral than admit you were wrong. The warning signs are all there, they're obvious to anyone who doesn't limit himself to reading the occasional corporate memo, and it's a fact that there are way too many of you to make any effective changes in any way that matters.

In the not too distant future, I think you're going to deserve the mother of all "I told you so's" but you'll still be blaming anyone and everyone but yourself. How's that for "hearts and minds"?

Latest resources

Back