• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B6 Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There will always be applicants. The only people they will scare away are the bitter people who only see the negatives, and no one wants them anyway.
Enjoy never having a bid summer vacation off.

You realize that your retirement is entirely at the discretion of Airline management?

But that does not matter because they are paying it now and they would never do that?

Yeah that is what the sunshine pumpers said and then one day our health care plan (just a few days ago) became industry worst. Nice job pumpers.

I know. "Sooner or later everyone will have it this bad and the company is being proactive".

Calculas.

Only a juicer would utter: "They have kept our rates down".

Growth was not fueled by low costs. Our growth was fueled and funded by DEBT not free cash flow as a by product of low costs. Stop selling your 1st grade logic.

Nice theory ... but you are wrong. I said since the begging that if you are a senior RJ CA then beware. If you are a RJ FO with no PIC then beware. If you are out of work then come over here otherwise beware.

It doesn't work that way junior.

I did not say DON"T come here I said beware. If I was at ASA and a senior RJ CA and was looking to come to here now - I wouldn't.

That is your bias. Never said that or implied that.

That is right out of MWW Pay book.

You are deluding yourself right now because no one on this thread ever implied what you believe other people believe.

You say our vacation system is fine. I provided the facts that is the worst. Then you call names. Classic!

Hole? Like none of them being contractual and are 100% at the discretion of AIRLINE management. Every single benefit (health and retirement etc).

Understand there are 10 guys on here that said the company would never destroy your health care.

Typical bill$hi!.

Typical no facts and 100% emotion.

Low costs funded our growth is the emotion when in fact it was debt not cash flow.

Next!

You realize that your retirement is entirely at the discretion of Airline management?

That sucks about summers...

I don't have a dog in this fight, but your retirement is NEVER at the discretion of management. There are a million options out there for long term investment and no where in the constitution does it say you have to invest in your company's retirement plan. If jetBlue offers free money in the form of a non-matching 401k... invest some. There are IRAs Roth IRAs, and other investment accounts in a rainbow of forms.

Although I've been sitting in the right seat of a regional jet for way too long, I come from a freelance background in my previous career. There are no retirement benefits, medical benefits or vacations there. Company not helping you? Fend for yourself. I understand there is a standard for this industry and B6 is well below it, but never is your retirement in the hands of management.

You realize that your EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTION TO YOUR RETIREMENT ALL 13% is entirely at the discretion of Airline management?

But that does not matter because they are paying it now and they would never do that?

Yeah that is what the sunshine pumpers said and then one day our health care plan (just a few days ago) became industry worst. Nice job pumpers.

I know. "Sooner or later everyone will have it this bad and the company is being proactive".

Calculas.
Fixed it.

Typical no facts and 100% emotion.

Low costs funded our growth is the emotion when in fact it was debt not cash flow.

Next!

That is so simplistic. Debt, and low costs BOTH influence a companies growth rate. Sometimes high costs can be overcome with a good business plan, but high costs still diverts some of a company's resources away from growing the business.

To suggest otherwise proves how stupid you really are. All resources, including capital, credit and debt are limited.

For what it's worth, I have quite a few friends/former colleagues that I keep in touch with that are at JB. I'd have to say that a vast majority are ok to happy with JB. They say it's not perfect, but what job really is? The main issue that many have is the medical insurance. All, if their situation allows it, are under their spouse's insurance. Many live in base, which to me is a must for QOL reasons. Quite a few are doing the best (pay and QOL) thus far in their flying career. A majority were were former regional, while a handful were 135.

That is so simplistic. Debt, and low costs BOTH influence a companies growth rate. Sometimes high costs can be overcome with a good business plan, but high costs still diverts some of a company's resources away from growing the business.

To suggest otherwise proves how stupid you really are. All resources, including capital, credit and debt are limited.
More name calling. More emotion. Got it!

We have very low operating costs 8-10% operating margins and very high debt load and service which leads to very low net income margins and little return to investors (ROE).

We hit the wall in 2007 due to high debt and softening revenue not very low operating costs and slowed growth as a result. To this day we still have very low operating cost compared to our peers.

But understand that there are about 10 guys on here that are engaging in a strategy to make it seem FAR worse than it really is, in a concerted effort to starve the company of new applicants, new hires, and to embarrass current JB pilots into voting union. They want a union no matter what, and will tell you that a union here will be perfect, will fix everything that ails us, will create no new problems for us, and that everything at other union majors is so perfect, and they are all so happy with their careers.

Why is it so black and white with you my friend? Just because one points out the faults doens't mean burn it down.... for god sakes...

I would hang up my ALPA hat and drink blue juice from a straw out of a boot if the company would come through with what they said they would. The gripe isn't union vs. non union. It's hypocrisy vs. keeping your word. It's coming through with your promises.

BTW my post had nothing to do with unions or otherwise.

For the record:
-We need jetblue to be successful and the pilots seats filled.
-Most if not all of us would like to make this our last stop on the airline train of employment.
-"If you don't like it here leave" is not a viable option and hasn't been for years... It' may be soon though, so some will leave. Most want to stay and make it here.

Just think if only 10 guys on here are telling others of the faults of the company, just 10 guys that even know that flightinfo may exist. 10 guys that want to make sure those coming to work here are as well informed as possible before making a life changing employment decision. How many more guys believe it? Frankly I don't care.

Peoples problem with you is that you dont wanna hear the bad... You imediately scorn those that point out the faults. There's plenty of it's not that bad here, but show me one guy that's not in the top 500 that says its a great place? Just because you troll the board and know whats wrong here, doenst mean that others have seen it.

Get over yourself. Sorry there are folks here that have disrupted your perfect world.

Latest resources

Back