• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B19 Flyer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I could have done almost anything else with my college degree and been better off financially than by being a pilot....

I think it was AC/DC that said:
"Its a long way to the top if you wanna Rock-n-Roll."​
And its a long way back to the bottom too.

We paid the PRICE ... to get where we are. You haven't paid it. Nothing gets me as PO'd as someone trying to devalue the worth of Pilots....

Thats why there are unions .... You want to buy me ... my blood sweat and tears at a cheap price.

I had a rough ride getting to where I am now, and I won't apologize for making a 6 figure salary. I worked hard for it, doing things other people won't do or can't do. Getting screwed along the way by people who devalue what it takes to do what we do.

I've paid a much higher price than most to get to the compensation I have know which exceeds that of most captains. If it wasn't for unions, I would have gotten there a lot sooner.

I have every shred of education and certificates as you, plus probably more. I've paid the price financially for the decisions I've made and the bad luck I've had happen to me. I made the decision to work in aviation, it wasn't all about the money.

Unions have been the single biggest problem in my career and have screwed me a lot more than management has screwed you.

I have never once... not once... stated that a pilot shouldn't be well compensated, but you and your union mongers have repeatedly stated that management is over compenseated for taking on risk that pilots won't with their careers.

When all the great CEOs of the '90s were showing record setting industry profits and unions were touting their industry leading contracts, there wasn't a union member that didn't love them.

However, when the industry pulled back with the economy, it was all the CEO's fault, and had nothing to do with the big contract that couldn't be paid for as it was based on the high revenue numbers during a faltering economy. All the rest of the employees get screwed first, then when the company is about to fold it all in, will the unions are forced to step in with concessions.

Don't tell me gunfyter about paying a price for a job. My disgust for unions and what they represent should be a clear indication.

I called your bluff....

I'll spin them... Those are first year pay, right?

What is the increase for 2nd year?

What is the 10 year pay?

Now start listing professions that equal that type of pay increase over that period of time.

Dimeline.... I called your bluff....

Respond... When I ask questions, nobody likes to respond... c'mon guys...

Respond...

Respond...

I'll respond.

Those were first year pay, but a pilot already has a minimum of 5-6 years in the industry when he lands that job. For the previous 5-6 years, that pilot was making about the same or less, while he flight instructed or humped freight. Name one other profession that has to "pay their dues" by taking such crappy pay for more than a year or two before they start getting fairly compensated? Yeah, their are a few legacy carriers that pay pretty good coin if you can weather a 30 career with them, but getting there without several furloughs, buyouts, or bankruptcies is about as likely as becoming a professional sports player.

Respond...

You didn't call a dam thing. You find out what 2nd year pay is. Oh I forgot, we pilots and familys don't have to eat that first couple of years.

B19, you respond selectively, so be careful what you say to others.

You certainly haven't answered my very direct questions.

Wacoflyr

The only lackies on this board are the union members that haven't the nuts to manage their own careers and require others to speak for them.

On the contrary sweet cheeks. What I see is union members that have the balls to stand up to managemet dickheads like you! I once worked for a factory owner who told me one day. It takes a bad boss to creat a union.
Well done management puke! You got a gold star!

Apparently, you fall into that category.
Must be nice knowing you have the security of remaining anonomyous behind a keyboard throwing stones in a riot and running into the crowd.
Too bad common sense isn't more common or you'd have some!
Back to tha cubical lackey, I'm sure its time for some more copies and high fives for driving that company of yours into the ground!

You ain't got the nuts to stand on your own and take control of your own career.

Midge;1791313 [COLOR=black said:
On the contrary sweet cheeks. What I see is union members that have the balls to stand up to managemet dickheads like you! I once worked for a factory owner who told me one day. It takes a bad boss to creat a union. Well done management puke! You got a gold star![/color]

Must be nice knowing you have the security of remaining anonomyous behind a keyboard throwing stones in a riot and running into the crowd.
Too bad common sense isn't more common or you'd have some!

Back to tha cubical lackey, I'm sure its time for some more copies and high fives for driving that company of yours into the ground!

Union members are guys that hide behind the skirts of others and negotiate by mob mentality rather than in good faith.

It's takes no courage whatsoever to join a mob. It takes courage to stand up against a mob as an indivdual and ensure that the company is not jeapordized by the mob.

Oh, and there is no cube... it's an office, and what I write is echoed privately by any manager that has been screwed over by a union.

Guys like you Midge come a dime a dozen. You call people names and lack the courage to stand on your own. You are jealous of those that have been successful and want to tear them down... to make them share the wealth that they earned with their own efforts.

You need a union to do your dirty work for you because you ain't got the nuts to stand on your own and take control of your own career.

Before you said we accepted a career that is paid to scale, now you tell us to stand on our own.... Who negotiates the scale? Oh that's right, we as individuals do. Hey, wait a minute, that won't work. We all agree we have to negotiate, because pilots have forfeited so much pay while management pay has increased, so.... Tell us what to do, B19. C'mon, respond.

Wacoflyr

Union members are guys that hide behind the skirts of others and negotiate by mob mentality rather than in good faith.

It's takes no courage whatsoever to join a mob. It takes courage to stand up against a mob as an indivdual and ensure that the company is not jeapordized by the mob.

Oh, and there is no cube... it's an office, and what I write is echoed privately by any manager that has been screwed over by a union.

Guys like you Midge come a dime a dozen. You call people names and lack the courage to stand on your own. You are jealous of those that have been successful and want to tear them down... to make them share the wealth that they earned with their own efforts.

You need a union to do your dirty work for you because you ain't got the nuts to stand on your own and take control of your own career.

yeah but we're the "nicest" of all the mobs out there.....

so we got THAT going for us....:)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back