• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B19 Flyer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those of us that have the courage to manage do so knowing that we'll suffer the consequences of insignicant people like you. Your goal is to line your pockets on the efforts and ideas of others. Management's goal is to maintain a working entity that remains profitable and provides a service to those who buy into the service.

"Union leader", I'm deeply flattered. If I was a union leader, I think this is what I would say to you.

It is just the kind of deep-seated contempt for the pilots, on display above, that inspired the pilots at Flight Options to begin their fight for a first contract.

BTW, I do not suffer under the delusion you hope to perpetuate, that you are management. I believe you are nothing more than a hired blogger, as I have said a "union avoidance" functionary, plying your trade. And as with family guy and others of your ilk, you will disappear as soon as the pilots at Flight Options ratify their CBA.

Although I find it repugnant to speak to you directly, this time I will bite. That being said, lets get back to your open contempt for pilots. Although I believe statements such as the one above, are nothing more than carefully considered attempts to push our buttons (taken directly from your union-busting bag of tricks), I think it is noteworthy that you profess to believe that management and management alone creates a profitable company. You so easily discount the contributions of the workforce and snidely dismiss the concept that anyone other than management is capable of contributing to a companies success.

Never mind that in the fractional world it is the pilots who are the face of the company every day, are the only employees licensed to carry passengers and are charged at a most fundamental level with mitigating our customers risk. Something that, in spite your pharisaical assertions, no manager can fully guarantee, through policy and procedure.

The pilots at Flight Options seek a contract, something every manager, ballplayer, attorney, physician partner, auto buyer and even my local paper carrier, benefits from. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for our work rules and job protections to be put in writing. I also believe that a contract will form the basis of cooperative labor/management relationship (see NetJets, Southwest), will give the pilots a voice in running the company many of them have devoted their lives to for years and contribute greatly to the companies success and profitability. However most would well understand that those of us who have lived through the change associated with five different CEO’s in ten years, need to have it in writing to buy into the program. I also suspect our management understands that as well.

That you would devote so much of your time to undermining our federally protected efforts to acquire something so basic and essential in the aviation industry speaks volumes. That you would attempt to misdirect us with falsehood and boilerplate union-busting rhetoric, speaks of your desperation.

We are on the cusp of achieving our goal and when we do you will move on to some other "project". I will await that time, with full knowledge of what you are and what you are trying to do here.

Last edited:
"Union leader", I'm deeply flattered. If I was a union leader, I think this is what I would say to you.

It is just the kind of deep-seated contempt for the pilots, on display above, that inspired the pilots at Flight Options to begin their fight for a first contract.

BTW, I do not suffer under the delusion you hope to perpetuate, that you are management. I believe you are nothing more than a hired blogger, as I have said a "union avoidance" functionary, plying your trade. And as with family guy and others of your ilk, you will disappear as soon as the pilots at Flight Options ratify their CBA.

Although I find it repugnant to speak to you directly, this time I will bite. That being said, lets get back to your open contempt for pilots. Although I believe statements such as the one above, are nothing more than carefully considered attempts to push our buttons (taken directly from your union-busting bag of tricks), I think it is noteworthy that you profess to believe that management and management alone creates a profitable company. You so easily discount the contributions of the workforce and snidely dismiss the concept that anyone other than management is capable of contributing to a companies success.

Never mind that in the fractional world it is the pilots who are the face of the company every day, are the only employees licensed to carry passengers and are charged at a most fundamental level with mitigating our customers risk. Something that, in spite your pharisaical assertions, no manager can fully guarantee, through policy and procedure.

The pilots at Flight Options seek a contract, something every manager, ballplayer, attorney, physician partner, auto buyer and even my local paper carrier, benefits from. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for our work rules and job protections to be put in writing. I also believe that a contract will form the basis of cooperative labor/management relationship (see NetJets, Southwest), will give the pilots a voice in running the company many of them have devoted their lives to for years and contribute greatly to the companies success and profitability. However most would well understand that those of us who have lived through the change associated with five different CEO’s in ten years, need to have it in writing to buy into the program. I also suspect our management understands that as well.

That you would devote so much of your time to undermining our federally protected efforts to acquire something so basic and essential in the aviation industry speaks volumes. That you would attempt to misdirect us with falsehood and boilerplate union-busting rhetoric, speaks of your desperation.

We are on the cusp of achieving our goal and when we do you will move on to some other "project". I will await that time, with full knowledge of what you are and what you are trying to do here.

Gerry,

You are the one that shows contempt for pilots and the industry. I have never shown contempt for pilots, only disgust at unions for the promises they make and continually don't keep.

Each union failure such as the one occuring today at Netjets just proves that unions don't help, rather they hinder the career of pilots that are forced to be in one because of people like you.

You mention SWA and Netjets in your email. It's clear the partnership at NJ, while they would like you to think it's wonderful, is strained right now.

SWA is teetering on profitability right now, and for the first time since the most recent contract was signed, SWA pilots are considering going to a standard, non-profit based formula and not participating in the company wide effort. When that happens, the only reasonable contract in the industry will be gone with it.

Just to clarify.

B19 Flyer is not whom everyone thinks he is, some misinformation was given. To that respect I apologize for being part of the misrepresentation of this individual. B19 Flyer also does not work for Flight Options as previously stated. So I would please ask that he be not referred to as Bob. So I would ask that people discontinue the name calling or reference to SCAB, Thank you. As far as debateing the union or non-union issue have at it boys!

The moderator is correct in this statement. I don't and have never worked for Flight Options.

Let me get this straight. This thread sat completely ignored for an entire month, and just now you have decided to answer the original question, bringing it from somewhere in the forgotten back pages, all the way to the front. Narcissistic just doesn't quite say it all. You really should have read that FBI profile. Reading that would have felt like looking in a mirror. Actually your avatar is perfect for you; inflated, overbearing, with a head of stone.

....It is just the kind of deep-seated contempt for the pilots, on display above, that inspired the pilots at Flight Options to begin their fight for a first contract. I remember your early discussions and your card drive. I've supported you guys from day one because your fight is justified and raising the bar across the industry will make things better for all the frac families. The Flex pilots are seeing the same contempt from their managers and are starting to mention a Union. If they decide to organize their efforts I'm sure the Options pilotgroup will lend their moral support and friendly advice. Kudos to 1108 for continuing the tradition of giving the other frac pilots a place on your message board.

... The pilots at Flight Options seek a contract, something every manager, ballplayer, attorney, physician partner, auto buyer and even my local paper carrier, benefits from. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for our work rules and job protections to be put in writing. I also believe that a contract will form the basis of cooperative labor/management relationship (see NetJets, Southwest), will give the pilots a voice in running the company many of them have devoted their lives to for years and contribute greatly to the companies success and profitability. ...
Well said!! It is an elemental truth that applies to every non-union frac in the industry. In a nutshell, contracts are about respect. Managers that respect pilots are willing to work out a contract together. If they aren't, then it becomes imperative to have one as the Flt Ops pilotgroup has learned.

We are on the cusp of achieving our goal ....

I know it's been tough, but kudos to the Options pilots and their families for not giving up! They say that the first contract is the hardest to get because management fights you every step of the way, trying to break your will. Typical bully attitude --once you stand up to them, they back down and you earn their respect for standing your ground. You guys are laying a foundation that will make your future better and will make it easier for the next frac pilotgroup to also secure a contract. Best Wishes Always! NJW

Latest resources

Back