• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B-52

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah it's pressurized to 7.45 psi normal, OR 4.5 psi for Combat, but you have to wear the helmet for T/O & Land, Aerial Refueling, Low level flight. With the helmet on all you have for a mic is the O2 mask, So if you want to talk and have both hands full you have to have to O2 mask connected. During A/R you have to have to O2 regulator in On and Normal so you can smell if there are any fuel leaks. All other times above 12000 feet it is usually in on and 100%. In high altitude cruise flight, if the pressure holds to below 12ooo ft you can use a headset. Wich comes in mighty handy on one of those 16+ hour flights.

Favorite thing to hear on the BUFF....Right closed traffic approved full stop. Throttles idle, airbrakes 6, Drag chute deploy.

It also helps out in the tight quarters when someone uses the Toilet...Well the plastic bag inside the DI seat.

Yeah it's pressurized to 7.45 psi normal, OR 4.5 psi for Combat, but you have to wear the helmet for T/O & Land, Aerial Refueling, Low level flight. With the helmet on all you have for a mic is the O2 mask, So if you want to talk and have both hands full you have to have to O2 mask connected. During A/R you have to have to O2 regulator in On and Normal so you can smell if there are any fuel leaks. All other times above 12000 feet it is usually in on and 100%. In high altitude cruise flight, if the pressure holds to below 12ooo ft you can use a headset. Wich comes in mighty handy on one of those 16+ hour flights.

Favorite thing to hear on the BUFF....Right closed traffic approved full stop. Throttles idle, airbrakes 6, Drag chute deploy.

you guys use LOX or some other bottled o2, or do you have a generation system on board?

There are three 25 litre 300psi LOX Converters on board. Two are in left aft and the other is in the right aft. The left side provides supply to the left side crew and the right side provides supply to the right side crew. the third is there for a backup and will provide O2 to all stations.

Any other questions? I have the T.O. 1B-52G-1 Also have a -14 for the Gunners position. I don't have the Nav stuff.

I have always been fascinated by the B52. The first one I ever saw and walked up to was at MCO, and that was when it was on a stick in front of the original terminal, right along the beeline. I think it might still be on that stick.

Anyway, are just the H's still in service, or other models?

The D,F,& G had Quad .50 G model was ASG-15 fire control system. D model was the MD-9 FCS. H model had 20mm Vulcan cannon ASG-21 FCS I think. I just flew on G models. All the Guns are gone now.

All G models are in the Boneyard, Scrap heap, or Static display. H Models are still flying.

Latest resources

Back