B-1b

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

psysicx

Does anybody have any info on what its like to fly the bone? I heard that you don't fly to much your first year or two is this true? And is the deployment rate like fighters? Are most people happy that they got the B-1 or disgruntled that they didn't get a fighters.

Im not a military pilot nor do i have much imput but it pretty much depends on the person. Someone like me would be happy flying a C-5....give me a B-1B and id be like a pig in $h!t. A guy like huggy that is use to flying a T-38 would probably have a problem with it.....who knows. Imagine flying a plane like the B-1B and thats about the same reaction everyone is going to have. Deployments and amount of flight time im not sure about.

Pounder,

Military pilots get payed by rank and time in service. What type of plane you fly and how much you flight it has no effect on pay. There are / used to be bonuses for longer commitments, etc. QOL does vary. Fighters are deployed a bunch. Bombers, too. Cargo guys are gone all of the time. Trainer guys hardly ever go anywhere.

I don't know whats wrong with my question. Then some makes a smart comment about pay and qol and people take it series. Please just answer the question. Thanks.

bobs98tlr said:
A guy like huggy that is use to flying a T-38 would probably have a problem with it.....who knows.

Hey: flyin' is flyin'. It's all different, and it's all good. I love what I've flown, and would like to try new things too. So, sure, I'd like to fly the C-5. "Lifestyle" might not be my cup of tea, but it's got to be rewarding being in command of an "aluminum cloud"!

Huggyu2 said:
Hey: flyin' is flyin'. It's all different, and it's all good. I love what I've flown, and would like to try new things too. So, sure, I'd like to fly the C-5. "Lifestyle" might not be my cup of tea, but it's got to be rewarding being in command of an "aluminum cloud"!

"Aluminum cloud" <--- ain't THAT the truth.

I saw one over Tinker on Monday at like 5 miles off my nose. Looked FREAKING CLOSE, as in "under a mile" close.

psysicx said:
Are most people happy that they got the B-1 or disgruntled that they didn't get a fighters.

Why don't you ask one of them... what kind of stupid question is that?

Latest resources

Back