B-1b

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fury220 said:
As far as I'm concerned, that's not even English.

Proofreading > you.

Why even bother? The guy can't even spell his own name correctly. Psysicx? WTF is that? It is not even pronouncible. Try Psychic.

Last edited:
psysicx said:
What company does upgrades at Williams? And could an IP take a jet out by himself on a xc?

-Boeing has the C model conversion contract. Their facility is on the south end of the ramp. They also have the AH-64 Apache contract there as well. The FCF/acceptance pilots assigned there are part of AFMC and are reservists (420th FTF).

-IPs can go solo XC but that's dictated by unit policy. One of our past sq policies was solo only in formation. I'm not sure what our policy is now.

-RVSM is still a pain in the *ss for the C model community. The mod didn't include any of the RVSM required items.

-Also, although we have EGI (GPS/INS) the "C" isn't certified as a GPS jet since we're not picking up the required number of satellites (believe it or not) as per the FAA. But that doesn't stop us from punching in KRND and requesting direct with an initial vector from CBM :cool: .

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
talondriver said:
- But that doesn't stop us from punching in KRND and requesting direct with an initial vector from CBM :cool: .

Bravo! I'm glad I'm not the only one doing that with my GPS III!

Any of your B-1B guys flying over northern NM yesterday evening?

Enjoyed the sight!

TalonDriver,
I hear you lose about .1 of duration on an average contact sortie. Is that true?
Also, how about XC range at FL270? How much worse than an A-model?
LLNAV: any impact to flying your longer MTR's?
East Coast staffers have said that the Beale jets should be getting the PMP in '08, but there is no timeline yet on the C conversion. That's odd.
I believe the factory at Willy closes in about '07. I figure the USAF won't allow 41 jets to remain as A-models, therfore maintaining a split fleet. So, who's going to pay for it???

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back