Awac Survival?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MotoXXX

I am curious if the rest of the pilot group here is worried about our survival. I am afraid SCABWEST, CHQ, or MESA may run us out of USAIR as well. Escpially with all of the talk of the 190's or whatever they are looking for. I know we won't get them even though we have the only pay scale worthy of flying them. Not saying I want them though because I agree they are mainline aircraft. Anyway just getting the feeling we are really #%^&.

I'm sorry you feel this way, but I'm afraid that the 190 will be flown at the regional level. The question is which regional will fly it. It is a dog eat dog world out there right now at the regional level trying to get contracts for flying and someone will fly the 190 for the major partner. I'd rather see us at CHQ get it that see it go to Mesa or Scarewest.

MotoXXX said:
I am curious if the rest of the pilot group here is worried about our survival. I am afraid SCABWEST, CHQ, or MESA may run us out of USAIR as well. Escpially with all of the talk of the 190's or whatever they are looking for. I know we won't get them even though we have the only pay scale worthy of flying them. Not saying I want them though because I agree they are mainline aircraft. Anyway just getting the feeling we are really #%^&.

Yeah, we're screwed. Are you senior to me? You better quit.

S.

Yeah we are screwed!!! I really love being replaced by non-union workers (Skypest and BlowJet).

Mayday911 said:
Yeah we are screwed!!! I really love being replaced by non-union workers (Skypest and BlowJet).

Would you feel better being replaced by a member in good standing?

I don't think we are done for yet..I am sure the big 3 have a plan.
Who knows what it is.....I know If I gave u that much money there is no freaking way I would let those other airlines move in. I hope our board seat helps as well, we are part owners right?

pilotpayne said:
I don't think we are done for yet..I am sure the big 3 have a plan.
Who knows what it is.....I know If I gave u that much money there is no freaking way I would let those other airlines move in. I hope our board seat helps as well, we are part owners right?

For that reason, AWAC will probably get them any. But the amigos (owners) are going to hang CHQ, Mesa, TSA & everyone else over our heads until we agree to fly them for DO328 rates. Question is: Does the pilot group have enough sack this time to call their BLUFF?

ALL IN!!!

I have a feeling we will as well. Guys we all know that we can't stay the way we are and still be around in 10 years even the big 3 said that.
Like I said if I was them and bailed out U I would sure as he!! make sure any new planes came my way. I would think they will hold it over our heads as well but who knows.

Keep in mind we lost Air Tran because we didnt get bigger planes, we lost United partially because we didn't get bigger planes now USAIR wants them and if we dont we may lose again. I am just thinking outloud not trying to be negative. Still at least for now a great place to be. One last thing we better get retro pay, our old contract or better and not fly anything bigger for anything less. Anybody votes for less I will personally kick your A$$. We have learned our lesson there. Havn't heard much from the union lately, hope they feel the same way

Latest resources

Back