• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWAC or Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come to AWAC all the cappies have resumes out with the majors so they will be gone soon and back on the west coast. The guys who complain about little movement are the guys who complain about everything as mentiond above, "all the bases suck" yea and im sure the Republic bases rock. They also would be complaing if they were dating Jessica Alba. Upgrades have been about 3 years which is where they should be.

Mopac said:
Upgrade at RAH is going to be years away even with this expansion for Continental and Airways. When it's all said and done RAH will have 220 aircraft and 2200 pilots. Anybody getting hired on right now will be in the right seat indefinitely. Right now we're at 1494 pilots.

why is that? are most RAH pilots lifers? upgrades are not better elsewhere. with the exception of colgan and great lakes. just curious... :beer:

labbats said:
I'm always shocked that the captain is my age.

true, but i also j/s on wisconsin 2 weeks ago and the capt was 24 with a 21 year old female fo (flight attendence prob around 80). both very nice and said good stuff about Air wisky. have a good friend there now (26 captain) and likes it.

tough choice, but at least your getting out of TSA.

subin30 said:
why is that? are most RAH pilots lifers? upgrades are not better elsewhere. with the exception of colgan and great lakes. just curious... :beer:

sort of but Mopac has a point. From what I see a huge majority of the sen list here (RAH/CHQ/SA) are guys from the age 30 to early 40's. Numbers 150 to 700 or so are capts with 6-3 years are are starting to make some "decent" money. As this point in their lives they are starting to settle down, get married, buy houses and screw without a condom. That equals kids. And house+wife+kids equals bills. Big bills. Not much a problem for a line holding capt on the 170 to raise a family here. However you wont see said capt being able to make the move to first year pay at SWA or JB or UPS and sit reserve at an airline where the upgrade is not as fast as it once was. Thus this place turns into the next Allegheny, Peidmont, Comair or Horizon - take your pick, I've seen it first hand.

Believe me I learned from my mistakes - not long ago I wanted to stay and make a career of Allegheny. hey 75 grand a year in SYR aint bad. Until I was sort of forced into Mid tlantic and realized that the only way to sort of have some kind of long term security is to make it to the mainline and get atleast half the senority list behind you as fast as you can. Taking into account that every mainline airline will have its ups and downs - a mainline carrier that has stayed in bizz has never furloughed more than 50% of its list, although U came pretty close. If more than 50% get furloughed then the ship is going down anyway. Thus if you don't want to be at a contract carrier or WO and get whip shawed every few years you need to get to the mainline ASAP and get 50 of the bodies behind you. Then find something else on the side incase the whole thing goes kaput. Thus you may just be a happy airline pilot. The end.

Do you think that the FO payscale should be adjusted for the next contract so people aren't topping out in their 4th year?

Whats the average attrition per month?

I hope the senority list doesn't get stale there and people keep moving on.

Last edited:
My two cents...

I'm not a RAH pilot, but in my humble opinion, this is what I'd like to see:

The FO "b-scale" needs to be gone. FOs start absolutely no lower than $25/hr, and after probation should make at least 60% what CAs make. FO longevity to at least 6 years on the 50 seaters, 8 years on the 70 seaters, and 10 years for 175s and above. I think a 6-9% raise for CAs is reasonable.

1.5 opentime credit
2:1 duty rig
3.5:1 trip rig
min day credit
100% cx & deadhead pay
mandatory 401k contribution

JMO...

Mopac said:
Upgrade at RAH is going to be years away even with this expansion for Continental and Airways. When it's all said and done RAH will have 220 aircraft and 2200 pilots. Anybody getting hired on right now will be in the right seat indefinitely. Right now we're at 1494 pilots.

What? RP will never get another aircraft after that? Listen go with the fundamentals! Low price, Good work rules, Quality. We could be 5000 pilots in 3 years.

kngarthur said:
What? RP will never get another aircraft after that? Listen go with the fundamentals! Low price, Good work rules, Quality. We could be 5000 pilots in 3 years.

And most of them having flown nothing larger than a C152 - installs confidence!!

kngarthur said:
Yes, it's possible of course. But what's the quickest delivery schedule you've seen from a manufacturer? Maybe three, at most five aircraft a month. That's a long time double your fleet, especially when you're starting out with over 160 aircraft already.

BoilerUP said:
I'm not a RAH pilot, but in my humble opinion, this is what I'd like to see:

The FO "b-scale" needs to be gone. FOs start absolutely no lower than $25/hr, and after probation should make at least 60% what CAs make.

JMO...

Wow! That's a little ambitious!! Since most of our FO's were recently shat from Purdue or the ComAir Academy, they're really not worth much more than they're paid, until they've got a year or so experience under their belts. I agree that the scale needs to be extended out timewise, and the rigs and such are a must.

Latest resources

Back