AWAC/Chautauqua internships?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

juanchie

Does anyone know if there is an internship program for either Air Wisconsin or Chautauqua? I am especially interested in AWAC after reading some of the posts regarding AWAC. Thanks for any info.

Juanchie

There is for sure one with Chautauqua. A kid from my school did it last semester or over the summer in IND. Don't know who he talked to about it, but its definitly a foot in the door.

The important thing to remember is that internship/slave labor is just an unpaid job for which you get no respect and nothing in return. You could waste a summer working for free or you could go out and get a job actually flying airplanes. The second option will actaully help you get a job someday, the first will just get you laughed at behind your back while you do work better suited to child labor. They will lie to you and tell you it helps your career. It doesn't they are hiring guys to fly airplanes who can barely figure out which end of the airplane goes first. You will do better to go get some real experience, don't waste your time working for nothing, you'll do plenty of that when you get an FO job.

I disagree with piginshlitz to some degree. I wouldn't do an internship at a regional. You should have no problem getting hired at that level. I agree that a internship at a regional is close to worthless. Once you get in and get your time, you'll be fighting with the other thousands of people trying to get on with a major. But doing one with a major would help out when you are ready to start sending stuff off to those airlines. It's all about who you know. Some are also paid. I would look into those ones first.

piginshlitz said:
The important thing to remember is that internship/slave labor is just an unpaid job for which you get no respect and nothing in return. You could waste a summer working for free or you could go out and get a job actually flying airplanes. The second option will actaully help you get a job someday, the first will just get you laughed at behind your back while you do work better suited to child labor.

I have a good buddy that interned at Continental (not expressjet). He's got letter of rec's from quite a few of the flight ops bigwigs there. They basically said go meet the mins and you have an interview.

Only time will tell if its true, but spending 4 months for a shortcut to a major might or might not pay off. After all, it was only 4 MONTHS, and I'm sure he learned a lot.

Back in the Pre-9/11 days, ACA (remember them?) hired A LOT of ERAU guys doing their internships, right out of school. Unfortunately, those guys don't have jobs now, but atleast they started off on the right foot.

Interning at the right places can only help.

~wheelsup

A few of the majors had internships available for college folk a couple years ago. I sent a package in to AA but never heard from them. Couldnt tell ya where to look but they offered free 737 sim time.

Latest resources

Back