• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWAC and USAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I saw this thread about 20 minutes after it was started, before it had any replies, and I didn't know what to say. I refrained from commenting at that time, but I'm glad that people are saying the same thing I thought. Completely out of left field.

Yeah out of LF, but I see most already speculating about AW flying U colors. I know there is a part of the press release about possible flying under U, but what it looks like to me is the powers that be at AW (or whatever AW holding company/firm) is investing in US Air. Weather thats smart or not is very debateable. As for the Mesa comments, remember JO has alot of cash into US air in stock and feed capital equipment. I don't think he'll be gone anytime soon.

One more thing: I don't like quoting people that svck, and the guy I'm about to really does (thoes of us ALG guys know him, PSA knew him and now know him once again, "Mr. RJ's are a fad") but he once said in a company letter "that if you don't like whats happening in this bizz, wait 15 minutes and it will change". Well maybe longer than 15 but he's right. Never say never in this bizz, stay tuned and see where this news takes us.

In the end though, I think its just AWAC investing $$ into U.

Like they used to say in ABE, "As the prop turns", guess now its "As the high bypass-ratio fan turns"

Agreed LearLove,

I still hope against hope that AWAC continues to fly ALL of our RJ's (or at least the ones we currently have) under UAL colors.

I hope this is just a $125 million insurance policy.

S.

Interesting turn of events. UAL screws AWAC and then threatens to screw them again. AWAC turns around and makes a deal that props up a company whose survival could be insured by a UAL liquidation. Or.....whose survial could tip the scales to cause a UAL liquidation. This is better than the afternoon soaps. I'm making some popcorn and sitting back to watch this one.

?US Airways has done a remarkable job in its restructuring efforts and has built a solid foundation from which to grow. We and Air Wisconsin look forward to the opportunity to be part of its success,? said Eastshore principal Richard Bartlett.<<<<<<

Interesting: you don't hear anyone saying that about UAL. Finally, some recognition that at some point (and I think we've reached it), there's enough "savings" from labor to make a go of it.

Soon, the tides will turn, and whoever is still standing can start the long process of returning this profession to one worth pursuing. Until I see that happening, I'm keeping my kids the he11 away from the airport!

Perhaps all USAir/PDT/ALG/PSA/MDA ees will be allowed for "jets4jobs" with Air Whiskey.

I don't see any reason why we won't eventually see AWAC aircraft in USAir colors. Three senarios:

We lose the United deal (which we all hope we don't), the 70 CRJ's are transferred over to USAir.

We keep the United deal, replace a portion of our 50 seat fleet with larger aircraft (one of the driving forces behind United's RFP and the only way United seems willing to even concider keeping us), those extra 50 seaters need a new home and are placed into service with USAir.

We keep the United deal and have an agreement with the Canadians (rumored) that we can exchange some of our current fleet for larger, keeping our fleet the same size. Down the line AWAC's investment pays off and USAir pulls out of the blackhole, we then take advantage of the wording in the contract and place aircraft into service with USAir giving us our long rumored second codeshare.

Yes I agree this is an investment....but they also just bought themselves a new partner. A partner they will use only if they have to or if down the line it makes since. Although I can't say I've been impressed with what Appleton has done to us as a pilot group during the last two years, it absolutely amazes me with how these guys come up with some of this sh*t. Either way it's just nice to see that cocky a.ss United is once again being told "your not worth it" by one of their largest and in my opinion finest regionals. AD

avrodriver said:
Either way it's just nice to see that cocky a.ss United is once again being told "your not worth it" by one of their largest and in my opinion finest regionals. AD

Agreed.

It's just abused pilot syndrome

WhiteCloud said:
Interesting turn of events. UAL screws AWAC and then threatens to screw them again. AWAC turns around and makes a deal that props up a company whose survival could be insured by a UAL liquidation. Or.....whose survial could tip the scales to cause a UAL liquidation. This is better than the afternoon soaps. I'm making some popcorn and sitting back to watch this one.

And the beatings will continue!

If USAir goes chapter 7, would this loan give AWAC first rights to their aircraft, gates, slots etc?

Latest resources

Back