Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TWA Dude said:
LAS or L.A.
It would make sense that they would do a LAS base again since that was already set up and I know they used to have crew schedulers there (is that still the same?). Why would you say L.A., TWA Dude?

Hey Kathy, he said LA because we just set up some sort of maintence facility there.

WD.

Wiskey Driver said:
Hey Kathy, he said LA because we just set up some sort of maintence facility there.

WD.
I would think though that LAX would be too busy, with all the delays in and out of there. Was the mx base set up there because of all the trans-continental flying going on now?

Kathy

Kathy, I only get the rumors and that's what I heard LA maintence!! I believe nothing until I see it!!!

WD.

Wiskey Driver said:
Kathy, I only get the rumors and that's what I heard LA maintence!! I believe nothing until I see it!!!

WD.
If I had a dime for every rumor that I had heard over the years, I would be a very rich woman! :D

Kathy

Resume Writer said:
I would think though that LAX would be too busy, with all the delays in and out of there. Was the mx base set up there because of all the trans-continental flying going on now?

Kathy
Actually, the trans-cons do have a little to do with it but that's just a small part, it's still a mainline city (Tucson once was too :( ) so there are plenty of opportunity's for scheduling to route a/c in there for mx. It is also a much needed opportunity to perform additional 'A' check mx there. Close to PHX, so parts can be shipped back and forth, and the weather is very cooperative for performing heavier mx there outdoors. Yes outdoors, there is no mx facility there, they just won't have to perform mx on the ramp in the winter in the snow like other stations. PHX is the only station that has a 'mx facility' if you will.
Hope that helps answer some questions.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back