Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Resume Writer

Hi Everyone,

This year has been a tough one for Captain Mike Daley. His ex-wife, Sandy, was a Flight Attendant with AWA, and was killed in her first helicopter training flight in SDL about 2-3 months ago. They had a daughter together, Keira, and he is now caring for her.

As if things could not get worse, Mike's house burned to the ground this past Tuesday.
>>>
Fire destroys Ahwatukee family's home

Mike Daley was piloting a US Airways plane back from Honolulu to Phoenix. His wife, Alisa, was in Spokane, Wash., with two of their children — Alexandra, 12, and Kate, 4 — visiting her mother.

In the middle of the night, Alisa Daley got the phone call: Her Ahwatukee Foothills house had burned down. Mike Daley got the news when he landed.

Their daughter, Keira, 14, is still in Wisconsin at a remote fishing camp and doesn't know that the family's house and most of their belongings were reduced to rubble.

The others returned to find their house in ruins, the charred smell still hanging in the air. Neighbors called the Phoenix Fire Department at about 1:05 a.m. Tuesday.
<<<<

Now, all of their possessions have been destroyed - including all memories that Keira had of her mother.

An account has been established to help the girls for their upcoming school season.

This account will allow the girls to start fresh with new things such as new clothing, school supplies and items that will brighten their spirits during this tragedy.

You can go to any Chase Bank and make a donation to:

The Daley Children Fire Fund
Account # 2722324858

I flew with Mike many times when I was an FA with AWA. He is a great person, as was his ex-wife, Sandy, and his current wife, Alisa. I think it would be incredible to see the aviation community come to the aid of one of its own.

I'll probably get flamed on this but this guy doesen't sound like a charity case to me, lot's more deserving people out there (remember Katrina), wouldn't he have home owners insurance?

It is not going to him - it is going to help his children, who have lost everything, just before school starts. If you have never dealt with an insurance company on a total loss of your house, it is hard to fathom the need. It takes time to get the money, plus it would mean a lot to get assistance from total strangers.

If you do not want to help them out, then do not donate. I have seen this board come together several times to help out fellow pilots in their time of need. I thought that it was a good idea to post this information in case anyone wanted to help.

wouldn't homeowners insurance cover the kids clothes and other stuff for school? Not to mention everything else lost in the house also. 2 years ago one of my family had their house struck by lightening and it burned to the ground. Then next day the insurance company cut a check for 10grand for each of the home occupants to go get clothes and other stuff. The insurance company covered everything - even paid for the condo they stayed in while the house was rebuilt. Wouldn't it be the same for this AWA guy??

Last edited:
Their daughter, Keira, 14, is still in Wisconsin at a remote fishing camp and doesn't know that the family's house and most of their belongings were reduced to rubble.
Sorry, sounds to me like dad can certainly afford to buy the kids a new computer etc.

Dudes, what a--holes, try and understand! We are pilots and should help out each other in time of needs. If you do not have the means to contibute, I understand, but please do not dog other people for trying to help.

Katrina vicims! Please, have you read the news about all the cedit card scams etc. They are getting the assistance they deserve (i.e. late) but are they using it to their advangtage or just being a sponge. Some are, most are not.

I know we are all making but loads of money and living in 500,000 houses, but can we have some sort of sympathy for our peers.

What's fishing camp?
Well, we know that at the very least, they'll have the ability to put food (fresh fish) on the table.

Famous Dalai Lama saying: You can give a man a fish and he'll eat for day or until the fish is gone, and if you teach him how to fish at fishing camp, he will eat until he's dead.

I am really disappointed that people are almost seeing this as some kind of a scam. The 14-year-old just lost her mother three months ago in a helicopter crash. Maybe they sent her to camp to provide her with some joy. I lost my mother at the same age as she lost her mother. It sucks! Now to have their house burn down. Makes my troubles seem insignificant!

I thought maybe the aviation community would be willing to help - I guess maybe I was wrong. I hope that I was not....

Latest resources

Back