AWA or Frontier???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys,

Don't pay any attention to VABB. He has been a Cactus lover and F9 hater for a long time. He probably was turned down by Frontier in the past. C'mon VABB, do you really think pilots of the stronger airline would go to the bottom of the list in any merger scenerio? Wow,....hey wait a minute, you must be one of those highschool kids that like to play on these boards. Now shut that computer off and get to bed VABB, you've got school tomorrow.

VABB,

While I was replying to your last inane spiel, you happened to post one of equal ignorance. Go read F9's last 10K and then get back on here and tell us what you have learned about their debt structure. You will find that they have essentially no debt with the exception of their owned Airbi, which is debt in the form of aircraft mortgages (good debt). But first,...go brush your teeth and get to bed.

USMC319 said:
Guys,

Don't pay any attention to VABB. He has been a Cactus lover and F9 hater for a long time. He probably was turned down by Frontier in the past. C'mon VABB, do you really think pilots of the stronger airline would go to the bottom of the list in any merger scenerio? Wow,....hey wait a minute, you must be one of those highschool kids that like to play on these boards. Now shut that computer off and get to bed VABB, you've got school tomorrow.

Check your clock dude, it's mid-morning. If I go to sleep now, I'll be up all night.

Now, before you pat yourself on the back too much, I never gave Frontier the pleasure of receiving an application from me. Why? Because they are a small, pathetic, little carrier, that's why. Also, I had the misfortune of actually buying a ticket on them in the late nineties, figured I'd save a few bucks instead of flying on a real airline. Service was lousy, flights were late, and the staff was rude. Besides that, your pay sucks too. For the amount of work you have to do and the BS you have to put up with over there, it isn't worth it.

Here's what I see happening: Frontier will be one of those "closet bankruptcies". What does that mean? Your upper management will continue to be in a state of denial telling everyone that the books are fine. Then one day, SURPRISE!!!! and the doors close. F9 won't even have enough money to stay in Chapter 11 and will go straight to liquidation.

A lot of people ask me who they should fly on when they go somewhere out west. I give them a few carriers to think about. It's not that I don't mention Frontier, but I go out of my way to tell them to AVOID FRONTIER.

sluggo said:
I have opportunities at both airlines...I've been hired at F9 & I hear class is ~1/2006. As far as America West, I have an excellent contact and the ball is rolling. If I we're to get hired at AWA....I was just wondering what the better airline would be, F9 Vs. AWA. I am really good at making poor decisions in this business, so I thought I'd throw this out there to see what you guys who know these airlines think. Thanks, Sluggooo

You have an excellent contact and the ball is rolling? So what? It takes a long time to even get an interview at AWA. If I was you I'd worry about GETTING an interview before you start thinking which airline you will go to. Sounds like you don't have a choice at this point. F9 hired you and AWA doesn't even know who you are. Hmmm.... tough choice.

Well VABB,
You have obviously got a boner for F9. Usually people have that outlook on a company only when they have been rejected, so we'll leave it at that. Your opinion of F9 is contrary to the vast majority of our passenger's opinions whom rate our service and product at the top of the industry (its not the 90s anymore).

When you report back after reading the 10K which I assigned to you after your last uneducated remarks, let us know if you still think a Chapter 7 is forthcoming. I want to be prepared, so please enlighten me with your obvious airline industry savvy.

PS. Please never ever apply at F9 again. We have filters in place to keep guys like you out, as it worked the first time, but you never know what can slip through the cracks. You are a detriment to the corporate culture of any company that has the displeasure of your employ.

I don't know much about Frontier, but I do know that AWA is a good place to be.

These people who keep painting a doom and gloom picture for HP fail to realize that the same factors that are affecting us are affecting all the airlines.

Do we have unhappy people here? Yes. So does every airline. HP is my third airline and I can assure you that whiners and the grumblers here are no different than the whiners and grumblers at other airlines.

I can also tell you that the majority of people I fly with here are happy with their jobs.

Is going to HP a gamble? Sure. Going to any airline is a gamble. Just ask the furloughs at American, Delta, United, and Continental. I'll gaurantee you that they all thought they were making a good move when they got hired. And really, at the time they got hired it was a good move.

As for the upgrade time question. Upgrading in 1.5 years is mainly a regional airline phenomenon and the only reason they are doing it is because they are growing so fast (regionals are a whole different debate).

You need to spend less time worrying about which airline has the faster upgrade times. These aren't regional airlines. In the past at many good majors the upgrade times were normally as long as 10 years. Sorry, but I really don't want you to upgrade in 2 years. I'd rather see you get more experience in the right seat and learn from the guys who have been there for a while.

I think there has been a change in attutude with pilots these days. When my father and grandfather were hired at TWA they were glad they had jobs. They had to work a little harder for them, too. Now these guys and girls coming from the "Pilot Farms" like Embry Riddle, Flight Safety, and Comair Academy have these ultra high expectations like 2 year upgrades, 6 figure salaries right off the bat, and some entitlement to work at the "best airline".

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I really like VABB. He is really quit entertaining. Without him or people like him, I would not be on these message boards.

Keep us entertained with your "acted" ignorance, my dear and foolish friend.

Also Slugg--go to airlinepilotpay.com to see the pay comparison. VABB does not know what he is talking about. F9 pay is higher.

Cya,

P\

I would say take the home depot job and work your way into management. You will make more over the long run and you will spend many more nights at home with the family. I don't give either airline great odds over the long term without some form of merger.

I have not seen the posts by VABB because he is on my ignore list, I suggest you put him on yours too. I keep some idiots off the list if they are at least funny or have a babe for an avatar, he is not a bit funny and has never added any information of value.

I would be a little worried about F9 slugging it out with UAL while they are still in ch. 11. If UAL had to play in the real world I'd give F9 a better chance. I might not have all my facts in line but I don't think that F9 has made a profit in over a year.

On to another topic... what airline do you think Frontier is going to merge with?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back