• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWA new hire class?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the thread was about how I can get into the airlines as well!!! anyone know anything I need to know to get where I want to go? (I am truly bumbed about the airline setback as well, but at least I can raise my children in a world without fear of crazy iraqi's.)

I am as bumbed out about lost chances in the airline industry as anyone- However I must agree with UEJ500. Im not going to vote for some NAZI just because he will support my labor contract.
Also with all the bush bashing going on- I kind of feel with 911 and a major recession that he has to stick up for the airlines. In the moment of a national crisis is maybe not the best time for a strike. It seems kind of petty asking for a raise when your company just lost 2 billion dollars( maybe I was just raised wrong)

My memory may not be serving me well but I seem to recall it was a DEMOCRAT in office who ordered APA back to work after an 11 minute strike. Again I may have my facts wrong but if not how is that so different?

My airline made millions this year.
My CEO just got a 36% raise.
We have just furloughed another 100 guys.
We have been in negotiations for over a year.

I don't trust the Iraqis either, but in terms of a five or six year contract, our latest distraction with the middle East is just that, a distraction. A contract however, is forever (or five years, which will seem like forever when you are operating under a concessionary one).
It is especially important to keep a good contract when times are bad, because in a few years, times will be good again, and the companies will likely not take it upon themselves to re-negotiate while they are making money hand over fist.

Concessions are always bad. Sometimes necessary, but always bad.

68pilot

Oh yeah, Bigsky,
NAZI's were very anti union if I remember correctly.
Communists on the left, Nazis on the right.
thanks for letting me clarify.
68pilot

Here is a new bit of news for you. The Bush admin today ok'd the launch of a minute man missle from Vandenberg air force base in southern California this evening. For those of you that don't know, the minute man is a ICBM intercontinental balistic missle that carries a nuclear warhead. The missle this evening was disarmed. I don't about you guys but it's time to stop the madness before we are all taking as dirt nap...

WD.

Jim,

Not to get into this long debate but I knew it was redundant but unlike you and I who are old enough to know what the term ICBM is many are too young and have never heard of it. As for deterant, we all know that it doesn't work because if it did the gulf war never would have taken place. Finally, all this is pretty funny though seeing as how this country created Saadam and now their robot has gone haywire and we all might suffer because of it. I won't even ask who supplied him in the first place...

Nope Jim you're wrong again!!! The good old USA made Sadaam and the did it during Iran contra deal. Go back and do your home work on that subject prior to posting and you will see that fact.

WD.

Jim, you are wasting your time...

Dude, wd is pretty entertaining. Doesn't have a clue, but entertaining. I think that he thinks that he knows the truth, and it is really funny to hear him post. What a joke. He'll grow up one day (I hope). I remember my first 135 job, I thought I was an "Airline Pilot" too. Just take a look at this....
"Flown: CE 150,152,172,310,320,402,PA 24,28,30,34,44,BE90,200,300,BAE4100,CL 65

Civ/Mil: Civilian

Ratings: ATP

Current Position: Airline pilot "

Oh boy...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back