Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cactus73 said:
Crizpilot,

I think the problem here is that furloughed pilots are generally considered to have zero career expectations..

Yeah, Cactus, I agree.

I think that you think that certainly is a problem.

You mean to tell me if AWA furloughed you tomorrow you'd pack up, leave PHX, and never, ever expect to be recalled? If they started restructuring, cutting costs, cleaning house, buying more RJ's than god can count, you'd just pack it in and say there's nothing there for you?

Riiiiight!

Like Criz, I've always had the expectation that when the resturcturing was complete and US Airways' massive retirements started occuring, I would be recalled, have fairly rapid advancement, and retire in the left seat of the A330. The past 4 years were a big speed bump, for sure, but the fundamental seniority picture hasn't changed. We still have more retirements coming in the next 10-15 years than you do total pilots.

I take it that you feel entitled to fly the A330/A350 before I get to. Can you explain this irrational expectation? Were they part of AWA's fleet plan when you hired on?

Wiskey Driver said:
You may want to go back and re read that LOA again!!!! Here are a few hints for you BANKRUPT!! SECTIONS 1C D AND F of your contract DON'T Apply!! Check it out and report back.

WD.

Actually Section 1C3, 1d, 1j1 Will not apply to distribution of equity, or redistribution of equity associated with endeavoring to achieve, or achieving, a confirmed plan or reorganization.

Section 1F doesn't apply in case of fragmentation while in BK.

Now what do those sections apply to???? recall of furloughs? no......why don't u report back as to what the ML contract states...

Wiskey Driver said:
You may want to go back and re read that LOA again!!!! Here are a few hints for you BANKRUPT!! SECTIONS 1C D AND F of your contract DON'T Apply!! Check it out and report back.

WD.

Yeah, we've all flown with a guy like you, WD. "Don't confuse me with the facts! I've made up my mind!"

You're wrong about the LOA.....I've read it and discussed it with my former mainline rep. May I suggest a cup of herbal tea and some deep breathing?

BTW, when US Air Group emerges in September, will you stop calling us BANKRUPT (?), especially since we are only reorganizing in CH11 as opposed to 7? thanks, man.....appreciate it.

Cactus73 said:
Crizpilot,

I think the problem here is that furloughed pilots are generally considered to have zero career expectations.

Maybe we should ask the AWA CA who left for WN what he thought of his career expectations at AWA. Did he see the writing on the wall that the AAA furloughees are now reading????

Boy, this is degenerating into a typical TWA vs AA argument. The difference is the roles keep reversing. So much anger. Life's too short.

TWA Dude said:
Boy, this is degenerating into a typical TWA vs AA argument. The difference is the roles keep reversing. So much anger. Life's too short.

Hate to break it to you but these type of arguments are Modus operandi in EVERY airline merger that has ever taken place.

You are right, life is too short.

BeCareful! said:
Yeah, we've all flown with a guy like you, WD. "Don't confuse me with the facts! I've made up my mind!"

You're wrong about the LOA.....I've read it and discussed it with my former mainline rep. May I suggest a cup of herbal tea and some deep breathing?

BTW, when US Air Group emerges in September, will you stop calling us BANKRUPT (?), especially since we are only reorganizing in CH11 as opposed to 7? thanks, man.....appreciate it.

First of all son back the F up!!!!! "we've all flown with a guy like you" get your head on right. This thinking of entitlement by you furloughed types is way off. What makes you think just because WE toss your carrier a life line you can just come in here stomping??? You had better take you own advice and chill out. Parker could always use controlled liquidation to further slim you down. Rememeber with times such as they are your contract is worth about as much as the paper it's typed on YOUR BANKRUPT!!!!!! time to face the fact here don't you think??? Now regarding your thoughts of emerging from bankruptcy in Sept HOW?? Oh yeah THRU A MERGER WITH A VIABLE CARRIER that's how... You are entitled to NOTHING!!!! so you need to stop with that non sense. All you folks bring to the table is Debt and employees nothing profitable...

WD.

Crzipilot said:
Actually Section 1C3, 1d, 1j1 Will not apply to distribution of equity, or redistribution of equity associated with endeavoring to achieve, or achieving, a confirmed plan or reorganization.

Section 1F doesn't apply in case of fragmentation while in BK.

Now what do those sections apply to???? recall of furloughs? no......why don't u report back as to what the ML contract states...

It's unnecessary!!!! The contract is worthless!!! If it's too costly Management will simply use bankruptcy laws to terminate and liquidate!!! Controlled liquidation is the only option no one has even mentioned!!! That can start the minute this thing is signed off on. No need to get into heated debate over this. It will be decided and done without input from either of us!!! I feel for the furloughed AAA pilots but if the arguement is to place active AWA line pilots on the street in place of furloughed AAA pilots then you already know my stance.

WD.

321 busdriver said:
Hey PhxFlyer, how do I say this with as much tact as possible. Here goes. BITE ME! What an ignorant statement to make. If you have a beef with U management, well, get in line. If you have a beef with some U pilot(s), or something they said that may have offended you, so be it. But to say that as a group that we are beligerent and obnoxious couldn't be farther from the truth. Try to refrain from making such a$$inine statements in the future.

Just look at the post by Crzipilot right after yours posted above ... I rest my case.

Re: "Bite Me" I thought you original Piedmont guys had more class than that

PHXFLYR:cool:

BeCareful! said:
Yeah, Cactus, I agree.

I think that you think that certainly is a problem.

You mean to tell me if AWA furloughed you tomorrow you'd pack up, leave PHX, and never, ever expect to be recalled? If they started restructuring, cutting costs, cleaning house, buying more RJ's than god can count, you'd just pack it in and say there's nothing there for you?

Riiiiight!

Like Criz, I've always had the expectation that when the resturcturing was complete and US Airways' massive retirements started occuring, I would be recalled, have fairly rapid advancement, and retire in the left seat of the A330. The past 4 years were a big speed bump, for sure, but the fundamental seniority picture hasn't changed. We still have more retirements coming in the next 10-15 years than you do total pilots.

I take it that you feel entitled to fly the A330/A350 before I get to. Can you explain this irrational expectation? Were they part of AWA's fleet plan when you hired on?

Where did I ever say I expected to fly the A330/A350? Currently AWA doesn't have the A330. I have no/zero career expecation of every flying this airplane. The A350 will be a new type to both airlines, so yes I guess I can have a small expectation if I'm around long enough.

Who says you would be recalled? By most accounts, including the road show given to you guys before the merger was announced, it was find a partner or liquidate. I believe ALPA and the Unions did their own economic analysis and knew too that the writing was on the wall.

I don't have any crazy career expectations. In fact, I'll be happy to keep my job. But I don't think that I should go to the street for some guy that has given six years flying a CRJ for a wholly owned. We have guys here that put in 10 years at US Air wholly owned regionals. Should they get a jump in seniority to honor their time?

The line has to be drawn in the sand at some point. I don't want to fly your precious A330 and I don't want you bumping me out of PHX.

It's funny, the only sounds of anger are coming from the USAir furloughed guys. Most of the current flying guys on here seem great and they seem all for letting ALPA merger policy run its course. They also seem like stand-up guys that will be great to fly with once the dust settles.

As I said before, I think it sucks you were furloughed. But you were furloughed for reasons that had nothing do to with AWA. I'm not willing to give up my job to bring you back - nothing personal.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back