AWA interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sammy@US

I just got a call for the FEB interview. (on the answering machine), and I will have to call tomorrow to find out exacty when. I have a good friend there, and I'm sure that he was instrumental in getting me this far. I am very fortunate, as this process has gone through this quick.

My friend walked my resume im with LOR NOV 5th, recieved an application towards the end of DEC, and mailed it in on 1/7/03.

I am a furloughed (1/7/03) US Airways pilot with 14 years of seniority, and I'm fortunate and very lucky to have this opportunity. We will see if this interview goes well or not.

Sammy@US:
Congrats on getting the interview, that's a real good sign. Cactus WANTS to hire you if they've sent you an app and called you in for an interview.
If you haven't already done it, (from my own experience) I would humbly suggest scheduling a sim prep session. Their sim eval profile can be a workout and having gone through the profile (in the exact sim) prior to the interview day is a definate feather in your hat.
Good luck!

jeff333:
(for what it's worth) Sorry it didn't work. Sometimes I really believe in random occurences of strangeness! Obviously this must be one of them.
It sounds like AWA is doing the same thing that I've heard other places are doing: not considering furloughed pilots. I've heard that others are having to resign their seniority #'s in order to continue the application process at some airlines.
It sounds like the old phrase: "it takes money to make money". Or in our case, "it takes having a job to get a job".
Good luck to you.

jeff333,

I told them that I will give up my seniority at US. Other than that, everything else would have been same as yours.

Good luck,

Sammy

Pondscum,

I've flown the 737-200s for 2years until about 5 years ago, and the 300s and 400s until now. Do you think that I should still take the sim prep? And do they use the same sim for the interview?

Thanks

Sammy, I know your post was directed to Pondscum, but I'll just ask -- how's your scan in raw data? Flying EFIS -300's roughly 60% of the time (and -200's and hardball -300's the rest), I know my scan isn't as good as Pondscum's is right now. I might be able to fake my way through the profile with quasi-acceptable results; but if I were to "bet my job" on it tomorrow, you better believe I'd be practicing the profile tonight! But then again, I'm just a "below average guy trying to do an above average job."

Since Pondscum has the latest intel, I'll butt out now. Best of luck to you, and of course, Cheers!

Jeff,
I have an AWA interview coming up, and am currently furloughed from American (June 2001 class). I know a senior 757 captain, and we walked my resume to the C/P, and also took one to the H.R. office, and had the opportunity to meet the gal in charge of hiring. I'm sure that was a huge benefit.

I specifically stated in my cover letter, and to the C.P, that I would be willing to resign my seniority number.

I've also heard that living, or having lived in Arizona could be a factor. They definitely want people who will stay at America West, even when other places that are "better" start hiring. They know that most people who live in Arizona will most likely want to stay there, and the ability to have an airline job and not commute is a huge factor for most pilots... especially me. Heck, it's supposed to be 80 here today!

Anyways, sorry that you got the letter. I don't know why they do it that way. Seems pretty random. They should keep the stuff on file for a year... or at least SAY that they do. -Hoss

hey hoss and whoever else....just got a call today for an interview....any suggestions on which sim prep company to pick?
K & F or Prin air? they were the two suggested by the company to [email protected]

thanks!

My interview is on the 6th, and there are no sim times available for sim prep on the 5th, so I will just go in there and do my best. I am kind fortunate that none of the 300s and 400s at US Airways was EFIS equipped. I know that you loose your scan after you've been flying EFIS equipped AC (at one time I went from F100 to F28). I think that I'll be all right since I'm still current in it (I hope).

Ruts o ruck!,

Sammy

Latest resources

Back