AWA interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sim practice

I would recommend some kind of sim practice somewhere in any kind of sim if you can get it. Just working the cobwebs out, particularly if you have an idea of the interview sim profile, will help your basic airwork and scan which is probably all they are looking for. Plus the extra confidence some practice would provide couldn't hurt either. Best of luck!

Sammy and others curious about the sim eval and buying sim prep time:
jon coqtoestone hit the nail on the head (thanks boss - I'm outta the country so I'm kinda late reading these). My experience flying the "round gauges" (sp?) was helpful, but nothing beats actually flying the EXACT profile in the EXACT sim that will be used on the eval. I couldn't really afford the $$$, but I would do it again if I had to - it was invaluable.
As for which company to go to (K&S or PremAir), that is a matter of choice. I went with K&S and was extremely impressed with the quality of intsruction (I had 2 instructors - I guess they heard I needed the extra help:p ). I also have a buddy who used PremAir and was very happy with them as well. The choice is yours.
Good luck to all - hope to see you in class!

Thanks for all the info! I have decided to go a day early to take the sim prep. K&S charges $375, and PremAir $425. They both use the exact 737-200 sim that AWA uses for the interview. I figure that it would be a safer bet to take the prep, so I will be really ready for it. Now, I won't have any excuses if I don't get the job!

I will be flying down to PHX tonight, and I would like to thank everyone on this board for all your help.

Sammy

Latest resources

Back