Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DASHDRIVER

Uber User
Does anyone know the details of Mesa's contract with america west and how it is being transfered into the new system. I have heard it both ways that they are looking to get more planes on that side and that LCC wants to dump them. Anyone in the know?

DD

Mamba,
Rotflmfao!:D But really, did that answer the question? And frankly, this is the first I've heard that the new US Airways may be looking to dump the feeders. Any body else heard this?

I think when they signed the contract with AWA it was for something like 15-17 years of flying, and won't expire into somewhere in the range of 2015.

Who wouldn't want to keep mesa? They are cheap.

~wheelsup

Not getting rid of mesa. Management is going to transfer something like 19 of the crj-900's from the west to the east coast. My understanding is this will replace some of the flying that was being done by the 737's that are going away. :mad:

It looks like Mesa will be staying around. They're hiring for a recruiter in Charlotte. Isn't that where the CRJ900s are moving (eventually)? You watch...USAirways will outsource all the Express ramp work to Mesa.
Cheers

Latest resources

Back