• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avweb "rebuild Riddle" fund

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think I'm one of those "young fogies" when it comes to instructing, though. :D I've done a solid portion of my training and flying in clapped out airplanes (and have seen the effects of over-reliance on instruments with my primary students), so this la-dee-da G1000 stuff just doesn't sit well. IMC with half the instrument lights inop and mysterious water dripping on your leg puts hair on your chest, anyway. :D

What the hell do you need lights for? Just use the flashes of lightning...

Just one of the many ways to be scared in an airplane.. I'm trying to experience all that aviation has to offer....

If a tornado had torn through the football stadium at Auburn would it solicit the same responses?

They wouldn't need to. Alumni would be throwing money at the school. However Riddle alums are so jaded and pissed off, they can wring my gym towel for a sweaty penny, and even then I'm gonna fight tooth and nail to keep it from them. I've got my degree... beyond that they can kiss my white irish arse.

Basic pitch attitudes and pilotage will go out the window in a hurry unless we can turn that stuff off.

What was this thread about, again?

Instructors were complaining about the basics going out the windows when the lighted airways became common. You might remember those days, back when we had to chase the dinosaurs off the runway before we could go fly.

They wouldn't need to. Alumni would be throwing money at the school. However Riddle alums are so jaded and pissed off, they can wring my gym towel for a sweaty penny, and even then I'm gonna fight tooth and nail to keep it from them. I've got my degree... beyond that they can kiss my white irish arse.

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but 75% of Riddle alum's are trying to pay off massive debt on MESA F/O pay, hence the complete absence of alumni contributions...

The other 25% are jaded and pissed off :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back