Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Explain!!!

IbeFlyenhye said:
At the close of business today, Mesaba management posted a letter to employees from Mesaba Airlines President John Spanjers explaining the intent of Northwest Airlines to remove 9 of Mesaba's AVRO regional jets from service effective October 31st, and to terminate the leases on all 35 AVRO's effective December 20th.

OK, so what does this mean? Are there 35 is service and 9 of the 35 are being pulled, Mesaba gets stuck with the leases but still continues to fly for NW, or are there 35 in the system from other carriers that will be terminated?
Thanks!

Dodge said:
Not to try to alienate anymore than already are at mainline, but why did you guys give up pay concessions? What did that accomplish? Your company is still broke and filed for BK with your whole contract getting ready to get tossed..

The pay cut we took was to get us past a big debt payment that was due.

I agree we need to start looking after ourselves as our contract is getting "tossed" who do you think will be next?

The avro was a looser from day one,I can't believe NWA bought it to begin with.
I still hate to see people suffer because of bad mgt decisions hopefully it will be relpaced quickly.

Dave B

Dodge said:
Well, its good news if you are a Mesaba pilot, and bad if you are a NWA pilot. .

What makes you think Mesaba is going to get anything? You might get replaced did you ever consider that. There are plenty of people who will do your job for less, keep that in mind when you celebrate while others loose their jobs.

Dave B

I'm not celebrating anything. We will furlough and downgrade plenty (again) as well if the aircraft is parked. I hate all of this just as much as you do. You're correct in many things. The Avro was a poor choice for the mission that NWA has it doing. I am quite sure that replacement for Mesaba are being sought or have already been found.

Don't get me wrong, Dave, I wish that all the jets were at the majors so that there might be a decent job to go to someday. However with the state of the industry today, we can only look to help our own situations at our own airlines, even if it hurts others in the business. They way ALPA and managements are structured and operated, its the best we can all do. All of us at XJ wish nothing but the best for the NWA pilots in the times ahead.

This board cracks me up. I can post some stupid statement and everyone starts fighting. I have new hires coming to me going did you hear what was on flightinfo. I'm I going to get fired! I tell them to not to read this web broad it will drive you nuts. I believe things I read here as much as I believe Jerry Springer is real. We, as Pilots, will never get things changed in the industry if you don't start working together. ALPA really F... up when they allowed scope lang. into there contracts years ago.They should have said all airplanes will be flown by Our pilots! Now it is a mess and someone is going to get hurt to clean it up. Don't believe anything until you see it. I'm still in class for the Avro and no one told me to go home yet.

P.S. you can still buy a ticket to Aspen this winter. If the Avro is going away how are they going to do that, a DC9!

Latest resources

Back