• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TheJCNIs

Ex-Airline Pilot
Hey,

I heard from someone in the training department that the Avro's are getting 85 seats. The first 9 go to Greensboro in Oct. to be ready for when NWA rips apart NW ALPA's scope. See, it is good news. The Avro upgrade and intial class that started Sep 5th is still going on as of right now.

Remember what Ed said, "9E will not be an Airlink in two years and P3"

Last edited:
That must be some dang good weed.

You both could be right if NWA configures the Avro for 85 seats and then parks them. But for now, I don't have the best feeling about this Friday night letter from Spangers....

I'll take some of that you're smoking - if you have any left.

I remember 2 or so years ago when everyone talked about Northwest pulling the leases for the AVROs and selling them. However, there weren't any good buyers in the market. I doub't this has changed. This Scares me.

TheJCNIs said:
Hey,

I heard from someone in the training department that the Avro's are getting 85 seats. The first 9 go to Greensboro in Oct. to be ready for when NWA rips apart NW ALPA's scope. See, it is good news.
"

Good News??

Which part is good news Alpa scope being ripped apart? that will open the door for Mesa or some one else.

85 seats being put back in the 85 seat jet is not a good sign either.

I would suggest that "training dept facts " be ignored!!

Dave B

The answer from ALPA

At the close of business today, Mesaba management posted a letter to employees from Mesaba Airlines President John Spanjers explaining the intent of Northwest Airlines to remove 9 of Mesaba's AVRO regional jets from service effective October 31st, and to terminate the leases on all 35 AVRO's effective December 20th.

dbrownie said:
Good News??

Which part is good news Alpa scope being ripped apart? that will open the door for Mesa or some one else.

85 seats being put back in the 85 seat jet is not a good sign either.

I would suggest that "training dept facts " be ignored!!

Dave B

Well, its good news if you are a Mesaba pilot, and bad if you are a NWA pilot. You see, ALPA has taught us all very well that you need to take care of yourself first and if there are any resources left, you can then do the ALPA unity, brand scope, support your union coworkers, rah rah B.S.

Not to try to alienate anymore than already are at mainline, but why did you guys give up pay concessions? What did that accomplish? Your company is still broke and filed for BK with your whole contract getting ready to get tossed. I would think that it would be beneficial to one to take as much money as you can, while you can.

Latest resources

Back