Avionco

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

exnavy

Anyone have any experience with Avionco or Felix Airways operating out of Yemen? I'm currently in the process of applying as an F/O. The pay advertised is decent but that region has me concerned. Been over there with the Army but never as a civilian. Anyone dealt with this company before?

World is not too good, go on pprune.org to find more info about avionco and felix. I probably wouldn't go unless you have no problem with dying any time soon. People shoot at foreigners in Yemen for no reason.

Last edited:
World is not too good, go on pprune.org to find more info about avionco and felix. I probably wouldn't go unless you have no problem with dying any time soon. People shoot at foreigners in Yemen for no reason.

Yemen is far safer than the Dodd's at Avionco. The above is good advice. Do the search to find the high number of pilots bilked out of money by Avionco.

The above is good advice. The Dodds need to be put in prison to say the least. As far as Yemen goes unless you are Arab or of the darker skin color you seriously may want to really rethink your decision. Unless of course you like kidnappings and murders. As far as the pay goes I know capt are asking for 18k/month and f/o 12/k. PM me for more details.

See ya

I'm Looking at Avionco as well, and I appreciate everybody's feedback. Is it true about them cleaning up their act? Is there truthfully not a single positive thing to say? I am just trying to get a feel as to if the vocal people spoke up on the negative experiences, and the happy ones have kept quite--or if Avionco just does bad business on a regular basis. Please PM me or respond if you are willing to help a fellow pilot with your experiences. Thank you--trying to make some big decisions now.

I'm Looking at Avionco as well, and I appreciate everybody's feedback. Is it true about them cleaning up their act? Is there truthfully not a single positive thing to say? I am just trying to get a feel as to if the vocal people spoke up on the negative experiences, and the happy ones have kept quite--or if Avionco just does bad business on a regular basis. Please PM me or respond if you are willing to help a fellow pilot with your experiences. Thank you--trying to make some big decisions now.

I have had completely negative experience with Avionco, and am personally unaware of any contract pilot who has had anything to do with them that will say anything positive about them.

Occasionally, they will send one of their shills on here to post some propaganda, but taking that for what it's worth, the overwhelming consensus is: Stay away from Avionco.

I'm Looking at Avionco as well, and I appreciate everybody's feedback. Is it true about them cleaning up their act?

No. There are some pretty good contracting companies. Try pprune.org. If you continue on this path with the Dodd's you will be very unhappy and significantly poorer. Remember the contract pilot pay is only good if you collect it.

Interesting enough I had a phone call from Avionco concerning an up coming position an am wondering if funds (maybe first month, last month and enough to cover a flight home) could be put into an escrow account before hand......

Anyone ever consider ask for this?

Even 50% of the offered pay would be much better than the whopping $326 a week unemployment is paying me right now....

Latest resources

Back