Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aviatrix? Oh Aviatrix? Where art though my Aviatrix?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ah. So we won't be hearing any announcement that there's a proposal to regain the DHL by ABX using concessions from 1224. Good deal. Yall hold the line then. More power to ya!

There is no line to hold...

But the proposal stunk and the Union walked out.

Houston.... we have a problem.

*sigh*

Last edited:
There is no line to hold...

But the proposal stunk and the Union walked out.

You're right Aviatrix, it did. But the 1224 offering an 18% cut stunk too. Esp. after you raked us over the coals for something we didn't even do.

You're right Aviatrix, it did. But the 1224 offering an 18% cut stunk too. Esp. after you raked us over the coals for something we didn't even do.

Better get a new Rx for those glasses Hvy, you're getting me confused with someone else.

Hvy, there has been a paradigm shift in reality since your alleged proposal and ours. I don't like it, but I'd rather be working with a total compensation package cut than unemployed or taking an even larger cut to go start over somewhere else. Besides, anyone who thinks DHL/DPWN will reconsider is partaking heavily of recreational pharmacuticals, so the real goal isn't to keep the DHL job, rather it is to move on in the ACMI real world rather than try to stay in the DHL dream ACMI world.

Hvy, there has been a paradigm shift in reality since your alleged proposal and ours. I don't like it, but I'd rather be working with a total compensation package cut than unemployed or taking an even larger cut to go start over somewhere else. Besides, anyone who thinks DHL/DPWN will reconsider is partaking heavily of recreational pharmacuticals, so the real goal isn't to keep the DHL job, rather it is to move on in the ACMI real world rather than try to stay in the DHL dream ACMI world.

Lets look at the first half of 2008;

Kitty Hawk
Skybus
Eos
Aloha
ATA
Champion

Did I miss anyone?

EDIT: Oh, and United just said they will furlough close to 1000 pilots.

Now add Astar and most of ABX….I think there are more pilots than jobs. :(

You guys do what you need to do to keep flying. If you don't you may never fly again.

And for what it's worth (and I'm not on any pharmaceuticals) I personally am keeping what pressure I can on anti-trust problems with the UPS deal by writing and calling and asking friends to do the same. It may be a futile effort, but I can't see the thousands upon thousands of jobs just go quietly into the night. We have to try.

Last edited:
See everyone. The old paradigm shift makes it OK. It's alright now.

EH. For the most part, we're just yanking the chain of the frostitute that slammed us so righteously over a bad rumor that she flamed into a nation wide body slam. The fact that she never owned up to this slanderous mistake showed her weak yellow belly and lack of any backbone at all.

And now that she's silent about this issue at ABX proves that she is the hypocritical wench that we all know she really is.

Latest resources

Back