• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aviation Museums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My favorites are the Museum of Flight in Seattle and the Smithsonian. I haven't made it to the new annex at Dulles yet. For a special treat, you can go to the Museum of Flight Restoration Center at Paine Field (Everett, WA) and wander around their warehouse and restoration center freely. Boeing keeps their mint 247 there as well.

The most disappointing aviation museum I've been to was just outside of Narita Airport in Japan.

Pima in Tucson and Rhinebeck Aerodrome in NY.

My favorite: MMV, McMinnville, Oregon. Evergreen has a museum that tops them all.
When you look at the Tri-Motor Ford parked under the wing of the Spruce Goose you can see how big it is.
The Goose was off limits, but after a long conversation the guide took me on a tour. Went out into the wings (11 foot spars) and up into the cock pit. I even got in the seat HH sit in when it flew. What an aircraft!
They have many others worth seeing.
Also enjoyed the Navy museum at PNS and the Air Force near MCN.

HEADWIND

I'm suprised it took that many posts to mention the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, clearly one of the best.

I enjoyed the museum in Chino CA as well, it's cool to be around actively flying warbirds.

Although small and modest, the Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum on Lake Hood is worth visiting, you could learn a lot about aviation history in AK.

In Canada we have these ones that I have vistied:

Canadian Bushplane Heritage Centre, Sault Ste.Marie, Ontario
All about bush planes: Noorduyn Norseman, Otters, Beavers, Beech 18
www.bushplane.com/

Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, Hamilton, Ontario
Avro Lancaster, Spitfire & others up and flying
www.warplane.com

Canada Aviation Museum, Ottawa, Ontario
Canada's national aviation museum
www.aviation.technomuses.ca

RCAF Memorial Museum, Trenton, Ontario
Currently restoring a Halifax bomber
www.rcafmuseum.on.ca

Toronto Aerospace Museum, Toronto, Ontario
Building a full size model of a Avro Arrow, Canada's supersonic airplane of the 1950's. An interesting story of the plane that never was.
www.torontoaerospacemuseum.com

I don't know what it is called, but the one in Galveston, TX is pretty good. RAF Hendon just north of London is great for older stuff, pre WWII and WWII planes. Duxford just outside of Cambridge, England is great also. The old tour at the Johnson Space Center was pretty good, before they made it into an attraction. The guided bus tours at the Kennedy Space Center is pretty cool as well, especially the "Saturn 5" tour.

Heyas all,

The AF museum at Warner-Robbins AFB (south of Macon) is a nice pitstop if you are driving down I-75.

Ditto the others on Pima. Seeing the entire Century series (F-100,101,102 etc) all lined up was too cool.

Nu

Wright-Patterson in Dayton, OH is awsome.

Also, the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, FL (home of the Blue Angels) has a pretty good museum, too.

Latest resources

Back