Average paycheck???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Spinplate

What is an average newhire F/O paycheck with ExpressJet? Mesa? Pinnacle? I know it varies but just ballpark! Thanks!

I know what the websites say out there, but I want realistic numbers!!

Last edited:
Look at QOL and not pay for the first year. They are all going to be about equally poor. If I had to pick I would go with XJT hands down. Don't mess around with Mesa or Pinnacle. You would just be wasting your time and sanity.

RP170 said:
Look at QOL and not pay for the first year. They are all going to be about equally poor. If I had to pick I would go with XJT hands down. Don't mess around with Mesa or Pinnacle. You would just be wasting your time and sanity.

Agreed!! QOL is very important. If you arent happy with where you work then it will turn a good job into a bad one very quick. Pay goes up but if you you are unhappy it wont matter what the pay does. TO an extent of course but in this industry you wont get a massive pay increase that would offset the misery.

This may sound like a stupid question, but what sorts of things make QOL better? Time off? not too many 14 hour days? etc?

regional pay is broken up into two catagories .. poor and poorer. You're lucky if you get poor because then you're in an area with low cost of living ... poorer is working for a regional and having to live in places like SoCal ;)

I work for Air Midwest (the Beech 1900s for Mesa) as a 2nd year first officer. At Mesa, we get paid every other week and my checks have been alternating between $832 (same every month) and $1750-$2050 (adjusted paycheck including hours over guarantee and per diem). Admittedly, I work the system as much as I can to get extra pay, but I always get at least 3 days off a week. Mesa has it's bad sides, but all in all it's not bad pay for a 1900 FO.

kevin_p said:
I work for Air Midwest (the Beech 1900s for Mesa) as a 2nd year first officer. At Mesa, we get paid every other week and my checks have been alternating between $832 (same every month) and $1750-$2050 (adjusted paycheck including hours over guarantee and per diem). Admittedly, I work the system as much as I can to get extra pay, but I always get at least 3 days off a week. Mesa has it's bad sides, but all in all it's not bad pay for a 1900 FO.

Interesting math.

kevin_p said:
....my checks have been alternating between $832 (same every month) and $1750-$2050 (adjusted paycheck including hours over guarantee and per diem). ....

Im assuming that is pre-tax?

Latest resources

Back