• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Average multi times when hired?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess I should answer the original question.

I had 1200 TT and 300 ME when I got hired at Ram. Yes, Ram hires with low multi-time. One guy was even invited to training without his mulit ticket, as long as he got it before the class started. He ended up washing out though.

Got offered a job with Ram Air Freight many moons ago with about 1400 TT and 100 and some-odd multi. Turned it down though, b/c I got offered a 135 gig in Learjets.

I had about 3500 TT, 1500 Falcon 20, 800 DC-3 and various small multi stuff when I interviewed at Empire after my airline went bankrupt. They told me right then and there that I had too much time and they wouldn't hire me because I'd just leave for something better... I screamed, "I'M F*CKING UNEMPLOYED!! I NEED WORK!!! GIVE ME THE GODD*MN JOB FLYING YOUR CARAVAN!!!" They told me thanks for applying. I started throwing things around the room, the papers on the interviewers desk, her family photos, her snow-globe Disneyland memorable paper weight, a personal computer... She said, thank you for your time but we're really not interested in hiring you, you're overqualified.

You wanted to know about Empire right? Do you think I should reapply? I'm out on parole for good behavior and its been over 6 months...

Anybody know what Ameristar wants?

The website says 2000/1000ME, but I was wondering if they would go lower than that for F/Os. Also how is AirNow to work for and what would you think their lowest times would be to go straight to the 110 instead of flying the Van for 6 mo?

Ameristar-I got on with much less than that...in fact I still am not close to those times, I think the raised mins. are because they need some people that can upgrade fast.

AirNow-The guys that have been hired right into the 110 usually have been fairly high time (3-4K hrs. w/ previous turbine) AirNow does post all open positions internally first, so whichever 208 drivers want the E110 run will be able to bid it. But give it a shot, its much tougher for them to find people with all the regionals hiring.

135 min's and 72 hrs multi (AirNet), but that was about 4 years ago!

It seems like that's what they still are looking for, until we start hurting for pilot's again(which I think is the case right now). Then the SIC program will start up again, which means as long as you got a commercial and multi they will hire you if they "like you".

Love it here and have no regrets!

(There is always some @#$ to complain about :rolleyes: )

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back