Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

eriknorth

Well, that old post about this was getting clustered up with checks, so:

I'm trying to get a picture from my own website on as my avatar. It is one that moves, like Timebuilder's or whoever. I am not that brilliant with computers, but how do I get it to point to that picture as a URL? I tried typing the website address in there and stuff, but that obviously did not work. When I save the picture, it saves it as a BMP, which the system won't accept. Here is the website if you need to see it to help me. Thanks! (by the way, that site is under serious construction, so it is not interesting yet):
www.geocities.com/claybenfield

Save as a Jpeg on your computer. When you save it you will have to specify what type of file-(ie jpeg under "save as"). Then point the url to the file your pic is in. Use the browse function in the user options screen once you have saved it to your computer.

You may have to size it to 150 x 150 pixels for it to fit. Try using Windows Paintbrush for that.

hey bobby, maybe we can start invoicing for computer issues.
:)

just kidding....already do that for a living and I'm not so sure why sometimes!

Computer work

Perhaps. Maybe I could make enough money to afford to fly again. $100+/hr. for a 172 and instructor is just too rich for my blood. :(

Well, I have flown once in 7 months...so does that answer your question?

Starting a second company in the same line of work.....somehow, the thought process of two businesses tells me I will be able to afford to fly again......then again....

Well, I got it to accept the picture (I sized it to 75%), but as you can see, it doesn't move (the oy should be moving around). How do i get it to move?:confused:

aero99 said:
hey bobby, maybe we can start invoicing for computer issues.
:)

just kidding....already do that for a living and I'm not so sure why sometimes!

Alright, if you make housecalls for computer issues, you can invoice. Mine is the big pink one with the corvette in the front ;)

Ali

Hey, Erik

You must have done something right. It's moving on my machine. I use IE 6.0 at home and at work.

Latest resources

Back