• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair's new-hire class!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shoot the Toy Manager, you might get to sit in the back of the company jet going to toy meetings with other mangers one day,you never no!

I think they were just making fun of the wages. I was told that the 6 who started class were the "cream of the crop".....starting pay....$35K

Why don't you hire them then and pay them more?

Hour per hour...my flight instructors made WAAAAAAAAY more than them. But, I sold the business. Can't hire them. But I do know of a cabinet-maker job that pays $45K if they are interested.

Hour per hour...my flight instructors made WAAAAAAAAY more than them. But, I sold the business. Can't hire them. But I do know of a cabinet-maker job that pays $45K if they are interested.

Hour per hour? Really? Last year I flew 450 hours. If you make 35k per year that works out to over $77 per hour. You paid your instructors "WAAAAY" more?? Really? How much more?

Be careful crapping all over the wages of those who are employed these days. There are many many who wanted those slots for that pay who did not get it. I look forward to the pilot shortage that Kit Darby keeps telling us about.

Last edited:
Hour per hour? Really? Last year I flew 450 hours. If you make 35k per year that works out to over $77 per hour. You paid your instructors "WAAAAY" more?? Really? How much more?

Be careful crapping all over the wages of those who are employed these days. There are many many who wanted those slots for that pay who did not get it. I look forward to the pilot shortage that Kit Darby keeps telling us about.

Look

You will make 35g and be away from family for every other FULL WEEK and you will be in a hoochy hotel somewhere for 6 nights out of every 14.

Hell. You might as well stay at home and be a manager at a store down the street for similar money and at least you can be home every night with your family.

Then don't apply. That's okay. I was just addressing the crazy claim that he paid his flight instructors more on an "hour per hour" basis.

And we don't stay in "hoochy" hotels.

You sure are an angry young man, Kyle. Don't crap on other people's career choices just because it does not fit your definition of a perfect job. You may live longer.

Latest resources

Back