• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Training costs for new hires were explained at one time to me as being
$6000 for the Flight Safety Systems Class,
$2000 Hotels
$1000 Transportation to, from & during
$2000 Instructors
$10,000 to $14,000 in aircraft (depending on fuel prices and training time required in aircraft, it might be more now).

The Sim will probably lower the cost of training, due to wear and tear on equipment, no fuel required, availability, etc.

cjdriver said:
You should not go to work for someone if you don't plan on staying, and i doubt many do that. But if you're told one thing about the job, and find out it's something else once you get there, that's something entirely different. Believe me, there are CP's out there who will paint a rosy picture, then pick your pocket, withholding promised per diem, rental cars, insurance, days off, etc. Then what do you do? You step up and live up to your word, even when they don't, cause it's the right thing to do. But you get the he!! out of there and minimize your losses. I'm just saying, beware - it could happen to you.

oh yea dude if you end up in a slimeball operation like that yeah ... but it also gives you ammunition to fight them if they come after you for the cash .... I wouldn't sign a 18K contract w/out having a pretty good idea of what it's like at the company, and not one from flightinfo .... it helps when you have a good friend you can trust working for the company, and for every negative thing I've heard about this one there are 10 positives .... so ... yea what I said before doesn't apply 100% to any operator, if you end up in a really bad situation by all means claw your way out of it ya know ....

Latest resources

Back