Avantair Heads Up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Syncit

Looks like I have an interview coming up really soon at Avantair. I am forking out hard earned cash to get there. I'm wondering if anybody can give me a heads up on what to expect when I get there. I am doing pilot service locally now, which isn't too bad but am looking for something full time in the near furture. Will my trip there be worth it?
Thanks

depending on your background you could get questions like "when/why did you learn to fly" to the brief this approach and tell me about high alt ops.

go in with a good attitude and be nice

it is a great company, good things in the works

enjoy

Questions asked:

Why do you want to leave your job ?
Why do you want to work for us ?
Are you willing to work hard and put in extra effort ?
general stuff ...

very easy going, relaxed atmosphere .... lots of growth "planned" ...

3 year pay scale assuming 1 yr upgrade + bonuses

30, 58, 64 and tops out at 113 on year 12 ... right now lots of overtime available and was told to expect to be asked to pick up extra days "now and then" ... good if you want extra $$$, bad if you wanna go home ....

training done in arplane until sim is up and running in august ... next class is in july, maybe some slots left in june ...

like any company, some love it, some hate it

only per diem paid during ground school 10 days at 48/day ... full salary from start of flight training ....

hope this helps, PM me if you want more details on the interview ...

Wow. Flex pays for your ride to the interview, gets you a sedan to and from the airport and puts you up if an overnight is required..

twincessna said:
Wow. Flex pays for your ride to the interview, gets you a sedan to and from the airport and puts you up if an overnight is required..
Avantair used to pay for transportation to the interviews, thank the guys and gals who were only "testing the waters" to see what the job market was like, and didnt really want or need a job.

myrealnameis said:
Avantair used to pay for transportation to the interviews, thank the guys and gals who were only "testing the waters" to see what the job market was like, and didnt really want or need a job.

I heard that was the reason the training contract was started sometime last year. It sucks when just a couple pilots ruin things for the rest of us.

Syncit said:
Looks like I have an interview coming up really soon at Avantair. I am forking out hard earned cash to get there. I'm wondering if anybody can give me a heads up on what to expect when I get there. I am doing pilot service locally now, which isn't too bad but am looking for something full time in the near furture. Will my trip there be worth it?
Thanks

Do not work there, do not even care .... but if you are having to cover your own expenses it might be a prelude to the health of the company as well as the employee/management relationship.

Just a thought.

Good luck none the less.

They do make you pay your way to the interview. If they hire you they will reimburse your expenses so save your receipt

Latest resources

Back