Avantair bankruptcy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To the current employees:

If they go bankrupt they will not pay any past medical bills that have not been paid by the insurance. Sometime it takes months for insurance to pay off a office visit or procedure. These bills will come back to haunt you.

BTDT with a previous airline.

Also if bankruptcy is involved you "may" receive some of your backpay after the courts clear all of this. I got a check for about 50% of my due backpay after Midway Airlines (#2) went bankrupt 5 years after the day of bankruptcy. The union (ALPA) filed a petition on our behalf in court.
Good luck.

In the meantime depending on local law, they may be guilty of theft of services since they have not declared bankruptcy.

i bet they come out 35% more expensive than they were.

Close, 40%... Man was Avantair under cutting MX!

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/ainalerts/2013-07-09/avantair-unveils-details-go-forward-plan

"Those shareowners opting to stay with the new Avantair would have to pay a one-time assessment of $25,000 for a ?catch-up maintenance fund? to bring the fleet to airworthy condition. Monthly management fees?which also include 1/12th of owners? annual occupied time?would rise by nearly 40 percent, to $15,846."

soooo...they've not been doing mx??? How can the FAA allow the.same management team to run that train wreck??

I truly wish the best for the AA employees but this "reorganization plan" strikes me as throwing more good money after bad. For the "investors," employees, and especially the customers. Just don't see too many putting up the "one-time" fee.

Latest resources

Back