• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair bankruptcy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone got a recommendation for a good type to go get? (displaced P180 jockey). Figured I would try to take advantage of some of those programs that are available.

As someone who practiced law a LONG time ago, those of you who have been laid off, and will not receive pasy for the last weeks worked, should contact either the Federal or the FL Wage and Hour people, to see if any Fed or FL employment laws have been broken. One other wrinkle that was true 20+ years ago - if Avantair has not paid all the withheld Fed taxes (income and social security), anyone who was a signer on the payroll account can be PERSONALLY liable for the taxes withheld but not paid to the Feds.

We haven't flown with Avantair since before the October stand down - but all the staffers we ever dealt with were lovely people.

And for small, publicly-traded companies like Avantair, management doesn't get rich off their salaries; they make the really big bucks from their stock options. Guess what the stocks currently held by the board members and senior officers are worth now, versus two or three years ago? NADA!
odds are, the top execs have been backdooring $$$ for a while. Why else would the CEO need an offshore account?

Anyone got a recommendation for a good type to go get? (displaced P180 jockey). Figured I would try to take advantage of some of those programs that are available.

The 7X, Global and G-450/550/650 are obviously the most valuable, but unless you have lots of int'l experience, you're not gonna get nowhere with the type alone

I'd look at a CL300, CL605 or Falcon 2000 type

Think about Netjets- China, tell them you'd move to China if they buy you a good type-rating.... Do that for a couple years, get some time in the airplane, some int'l experience and come back

Those programs don't give the kind of money that would pay for a falcon or gulfstream type. You could probably get a C500 or C525 type though. In my opinion the 525 is the best type to have in that class. You can get one for 5-7k depending on school and there are a lot of those planes out there. Sam avionics as a P180 so you would have an easy transition.

I too am curious. Where is a good place to start and get the process going? C525 is a good choice in my opinion...

Try contacting WIA, it depends on your state if they have any funding. If they do, there are offices you can visit to get the paperwork started. In california I think they were giving around 5k, that would pay for most of the type.

Latest resources

Back