Automation / FMS use at your company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wrong AGAIN!!!

Im being told I'm "WRONG!" on Flightinfo by a guy with Fox News in his profile and an avatar of Bill O'Reilly.

This is getting goddam good!

BTW --- I fly a GULFSTREAM, I'm a Senior International Training Captain, I do it MY way, I dont care about YOUR way (or your lame airlines) and NO we dont hire airline guys!!!!

PS -- my sim instructors always tell me I do better than the other guy too...SO THERE!!

I don't care if you are a training capt in a part 91 operation - who cares? Is that an faa approved and certified position, NO! Sorry dude - just like every other fly by night and the seat of your pants idiot out there! You shouldn't be operating by your training position ways only and you SHOULD be operating under a standardized FOM and Ops sepcs that EVERYONE operates under... And by the way, I too was a G550 Captain! Who cares??? Ask the FAA which method of training and flying they prefer? Certified / approved / sanctioned or by the seat of your butt????

I don't care if you are a training capt in a part 91 operation - who cares? Is that an faa approved and certified position, NO! Sorry dude - just like every other fly by night and the seat of your pants idiot out there! You shouldn't be operating by your training position ways only and you SHOULD be operating under a standardized FOM and Ops sepcs that EVERYONE operates under... And by the way, I too was a G550 Captain! Who cares??? Ask the FAA which method of training and flying they prefer? Certified / approved / sanctioned or by the seat of your butt????

Guess my joke response went way over your head, Captain.

The point was if you actually pen something like this you are a complete clown (Im quoting you here!)

When I was getting my G550 type at KSAV FSI I had a retired Delta guy giving the training and I was flying with a part 91 only guy and the evaluator always commented how much better my CRM and related skills were as compared to the Part 91 only pilots... Sorry... You are WRONG!

How many FSI classes have you been through?

Do you not get that when the burned out ex-airline instructor guy sitting there through yet another Gxxx refresher has nothing to say to a half-talented, fragile ego pilot tool he says....."You're CRM was fantastic".....Get it?....Do you always leave the de-brief feeling accomplished? better than the other guy? Tell me - how much do we pay for recurrent?

Very well done on the CRM and "related skills"....aint nuthin' getting by you, Captain.

Last edited:
corporate...

IMHO, corporate aviation, as a career path, has several issues that are bigger than SOPs or "best practices", although improvement of these could definitely help every 91 department that I know of.

Owners that snap and fire good people for dumb reasons, self-serving retard-o chief pilots, leaving the western US for the middle east at 11pm with 2 pilots come immediately to mind. There are countless others. If you're in the 91 world, you will face some issues.

And an airline career has some obvious pitfalls/drawbacks as well. If you've spent much time in the 121 world you know what those are.

There is no truly greener grass in the aviation world. If you happen to find yourself standing in green grass, congratulations, consider yourself lucky. One thing I have seen is that things change, airline or corporate.

Hope everyone has good plans for the holiday and if you meet a TWA guy, buy him a drink.

SPX, the 145 is primus 1000 (650 will be EPIC I believe and a VNAV button is going to be retroed to all Legacy 600s that want it or require it if it comes to that for RNAV STARs and SIDs). We had VNAV but no ability to *couple*. I can create a glideslope I just have to use VSI mode to stay on it. No big deal. Also, Air Whiskey was an all-CRJ outfit as I recall.

Latest resources

Back