Augusta Aviation @DNL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Credible Opinion

Augusta is my home town where I grew up. DNL is a very family run airport and a very blue collar deep south kind of atmosphere all around except for all the millionaires that keep planes there. There are more doctor and lawyer redneck pilots there than you can imagine but DNL is by far on the nicest edge of town. I don't know anything about Augusta Aviation but if the owners are the same family that own the airport/FBO then that explains everything.

Yeah, I have to agree with the other fellow there G-force. You have a loooong uphill battle if you want to start judging all the on-demand 135 operators out there. From what I hear, the FAA rarely wastes their time doing that especially if it's cargo.

Dude,what you are saying is that the CP's opinion on this outfit does not seem to matter at all.
We have a difference of opinion!!!!!

g force,

it is written, let the truth be established by two or three witnesses.

you only have one, therefore it can't be true.

you need to do your homework, before you lash out.

an ad with cfi's plural is hardly cause to go running through cyberspace

chanting, "the sky is falling at DNL"

mis-informed post

G-force,

As someone that works at Augusta Aviation, I would like to ask you to stop bashing a company that you know very little about. You stated that the CP told you the reasons not to work here, hmmm - the DO and CP are the same person at our company. This particular individual that made these comments to you would have been the one to make sure that all those items are complied with. So if there was a problem, it was him.
I came to work here not long after the time you referenced. My experience has been that the company strives to take care of it's employees. Never in the time that I have been here has someone tried to get me to bust a duty day. I have turned down flights for various reasons on a couple of occasions and not a word was said. If there is any problem with an aircraft, it doesn't get dispatched - again, no questions, it goes to maintenance.
It is true that we have two ads running on find a pilot. We recently had a charter pilot leave that did so for personal reasons. It happens. We are also looking for two CFI's as well; we keep losing them to the airlines. Gee, we must be doing something right. Most recently, one of our CFI's got hired with 600 total and less than 100 multi solely because of the exposure to charter. There is a growing demand for pilots by the airlines and this equates to a pilot doing flight instruction to build time will not have to spend a long time teaching before moving on.
I especially find it interesting that you seem to know so much about a company based upon a conversation over two years ago with a dis-gruntled pilot. There is more to the story with him, but I will not stoop so low as to air that laundry here. Suffice it to say that he left under questionable circumstances.
Having said all that, I must insist that you cease the company bashing and ask that you retract your statements. I would be more than happy to talk to you personally and give you the facts about our company and you may come to realize that you missed out on a fantastic opportunity.

Thank you to the other posters that defended us without knowing us.

Good day to all.

"Excellence is the pursuit, Perfection is the goal, Murphy is the reality!"
(author unknown)

Company Line

G-force,

As someone that works at Augusta Aviation, I would like to ask you to stop bashing a company that you know very little about. You stated that the CP told you the reasons not to work here, hmmm - the DO and CP are the same person at our company. This particular individual that made these comments to you would have been the one to make sure that all those items are complied with. So if there was a problem, it was him.
I came to work here not long after the time you referenced. My experience has been that the company strives to take care of it's employees. Never in the time that I have been here has someone tried to get me to bust a duty day. I have turned down flights for various reasons on a couple of occasions and not a word was said. If there is any problem with an aircraft, it doesn't get dispatched - again, no questions, it goes to maintenance.
It is true that we have two ads running on find a pilot. We recently had a charter pilot leave that did so for personal reasons. It happens. We are also looking for two CFI's as well; we keep losing them to the airlines. Gee, we must be doing something right. Most recently, one of our CFI's got hired with 600 total and less than 100 multi solely because of the exposure to charter. There is a growing demand for pilots by the airlines and this equates to a pilot doing flight instruction to build time will not have to spend a long time teaching before moving on.
I especially find it interesting that you seem to know so much about a company based upon a conversation over two years ago with a dis-gruntled pilot. There is more to the story with him, but I will not stoop so low as to air that laundry here. Suffice it to say that he left under questionable circumstances.
Having said all that, I must insist that you cease the company bashing and ask that you retract your statements. I would be more than happy to talk to you personally and give you the facts about our company and you may come to realize that you missed out on a fantastic opportunity.

Thank you to the other posters that defended us without knowing us.

Good day to all.

"Excellence is the pursuit, Perfection is the goal, Murphy is the reality!"
(author unknown)

Hey Dude,the CP here(until Jan.2005) was someone that I have known since
the mid 1980's and was and is a very competent pilot.
You,on the other hand seem to be the cyberspace PR company mouthpiece for this outfit.
I would value the former CP's opinion,whom I knew and flew with(on occasion) far above the opinion of someone like you who is just spouting the Company Line!!!

Last edited:
G-force, you're a punk and some sort of odd baiter. Get a life. I've met more incompetent CPs who were great pilots but very incompetent CPs. Being a good CP has much more to it than just flying skills you idiot.

Your posting style is that of a child.......dude.:rolleyes:

spend less time denigrating 135 outifts and more time working

g-force,
get a job and go to work instead of slamming everybody that does!

you'd find you have less time for this garbage.

Climbmaggot

g-force,
get a job and go to work instead of slamming everybody that does!

you'd find you have less time for this garbage.
Ditto,stop bothering other professional pilots and move on with your own career.If you have any problems with g-force please address them to the trash man.Line guys rule.

what BS!!!!!!!!!!!1

i realize this is an old post but i just wanyed to say that i was the CP/DO that everyone is talking about. while Augusta Aviation was not my favorite place in the world i can assure you i never told anyone bad stuff about. especially since most of the stuff you are talking about would have got me the CP/DO checkairman in trouble. just shows what kind of BS and lies are on this board!!

Actually, you aren't the person being discussed as the DO/CP...It was your predecessor. I understand that things weren't great while you were here - sometimes the personalities just don't mesh well and what seems like a good deal at first actually isn't for one person and is better than anticipated for another.
Right now we have a pretty good group of pilots and things are going well.

Latest resources

Back