Audit Checklist

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello Spooky1,

No, not personally, but I'm a partner in a group of consultants that has 4 certified IS-BAO auditors. I'm currently working on flight data monitoring (FDM) programs for CFR Part 91 operators -- there is a growing interest in FDM programs in general aviation. Are you an auditor?

cap747400

cap747400 said:
Hello Spooky1,

No, not personally, but I'm a partner in a group of consultants that has 4 certified IS-BAO auditors. I'm currently working on flight data monitoring (FDM) programs for CFR Part 91 operators -- there is a growing interest in FDM programs in general aviation. Are you an auditor?

cap747400

No I am not an auditor. Our flight department is just finishing with creation of an IS-BAO GOM for submission the auditors. Actually won't happen until around the 3rd quarter of this year since there are so many training issues that need to be delt with prior to the audit. I assume the FDM program is similar to a Part 121 FOQA?

Corporate FDM (C-FOQA)

Right you are...FDM is FOQA adapted to meet the needs of the corporate or GA operator -- we've determined that the airline model won't work in the corporate world. There are some major differences regarding data retrieval, reporting, system maintenance and the de-identification of data (to name a few) but there are definitely some great benefits to the operator and crewmembers. Also, we feel there is a greater need for third-party analysis in the Part 91-world due to the size of most flight departments and it's easier to control the data if it is out of the operators hands. It's our position, though, that FDM is an essential element of a SMS -- it provides hard-data to validate procedures and policies, plus, gives a feedback mechanism to gauge the effectiveness of training and changes in procedures/policies. Stay tuned -- cap747400

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back