• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Au revoir ATR.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll miss seeing them when in ATL. Love the looks of them. We need more props out there at the regional level.
Enough of this 3-4 hour legs in the RJ. But Asscarpes Delta keeps handing down thier flying to us lowly regionals.

Joe,

I can't think of anyone more qualified than you, to helps us fight the defered-apu battle next spring.

Just ask TD about it. I hear he took an oath to never do it again.

RJ life is just fine, but your ass is not gonna like crawling in and out of the cockpit.

And please don't write up the engines because there isn't oil on the cowl. It's supposed to be that way.

Joe,

I can't think of anyone more qualified than you, to helps us fight the defered-apu battle next spring.

Just ask TD about it. I hear he took an oath to never do it again.

RJ life is just fine, but your ass is not gonna like crawling in and out of the cockpit.

And please don't write up the engines because there isn't oil on the cowl. It's supposed to be that way.

I understand the defered APU battle...I did it with PACKS on the ATR...My personal opinion now is that this isn't the time to pick that fight.....

The ATR was hot June, July, and August...even with both PACKS....hotter than an RJ w/o an APU......It's time to ensure our survival.....Put the swords away.....

You'll see...no apu RJ hotter than no pack ATR.

(No recirc fans, cockpit full of hot tubes)

Got both t-shirts.

But just the same, you'll have fun on the jet.

You'll see...no apu RJ hotter than no pack ATR.

(No recirc fans, cockpit full of hot tubes)

Got both t-shirts.

But just the same, you'll have fun on the jet.

I've never had very good cooling on the ground at ASA.....Bandit and ATR.....Air carts in July just push 90 degree air around.....

If I think safety...real safety....is in question....I will refuse.....If it is comfort only....now is not the time to fight that battle.....

I've never had very good cooling on the ground at ASA.....Bandit and ATR.....Air carts in July just push 90 degree air around.....

At least you have some moving air. 90 degree air with a bit of a breeze is better than 90 degree air with no movement.

The stupidest thing they did was not put recirc fans in the 200. Well, they did a lot of stupid things with the 200. But that's one of them.

At least you have some moving air. 90 degree air with a bit of a breeze is better than 90 degree air with no movement.

The stupidest thing they did was not put recirc fans in the 200. Well, they did a lot of stupid things with the 200. But that's one of them.

The 50 seater was rushed out the door because of the scope clauses....50 seats was the limit...Many problems with that aircraft...

I sat on a Bahamas Air DH8 in PBI without any power on it....It was hot...but everyone survived.....The Bahamians didn't care....

Not arguing with you...but now isn't the time to hurt our numbers....It will only hurt us....

Believe me, Joey, it's a safety issue in the 50-seater. It doesn't even have a recirc fan, so air just sits still in that tiny little tube while you wait in line with the sun beating on you. There are plenty of cases of heat stroke involving deferred APUs on RJs. I always refused to take them if it was warmer than 85 degrees outside.

Believe me, Joey, it's a safety issue in the 50-seater. It doesn't even have a recirc fan, so air just sits still in that tiny little tube while you wait in line with the sun beating on you. There are plenty of cases of heat stroke involving deferred APUs on RJs. I always refused to take them if it was warmer than 85 degrees outside.

I understand that....ATR's are just plain hot in the summer period....plenty of heat issues on that aircraft without anything defered.....

It is also an issue of reliability and surviving the portfolio whipsaw.....I don't like the competition within a brand...but it is what it is at this point.....

I will help keep the numbers up....

Any of you been in Vegas in July....It's hot.....

Safety should come before performance numbers.

Latest resources

Back