Attrition Rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C Ya

ASA, as of this past weekend: 102 gone!!!

I wonder at what point is it more affordable to pay better than to keep training people and losing them?

I wonder at what point is it more affordable to pay better than to keep training people and losing them?

The attrition would be different from airline to airline and it is not. Comair and ExpressJet are two of the better paid regionals out there and what I've heard from their pilots is about 30 a month. That seems to be the attrition across the board for all regionals independent of pay and qol.
There are jobs available, that is why people are leaving and managements at the regional level are not interested in anybody to stay because when hiring slows down at the majors they will end up with a low seniority (Lower pay) pilot group.

Do your time and move on folks

Havent you ever heard of the Airline Management Band-aid Theory. Yeah if you cut your leg off with a chainsaw, just put some bandaids on it, the box says it will stop bleeding and protect from infection. Wait till you nearly bleed to death, then go "oh Sh%&" I better go to the hospital, then you barely make it through emergency surgery and you loose your leg forever. Point is they dont try to foresee any problems, they just react accordingly after its too late just in hopes of saving pennies that add up on the bottom line! When the efforts to save pennies ended up costing you way more than that. ITs a million dollar bridge to pick up a quarter, better yet, a food stamp. I think jr. high business class students could run any airline better than the boneheads in charge, whose hardest part of their week is when they count their stock options on the way to the board meetings on wednesdays at 2 PM, its simple macro business and economics when you take the CEOs and Shareholders greediness out of the picture!

i have consistantly been moving up 30+ numbers a month for a long time. I have no idea who leaves from behind me though. Been here just over 2 years upgrade begins next month and i have over 1200 people behind me FWIW. XJT

They update your seniority list monthly? Most only update twice a year.:confused:

The attrition would be different from airline to airline and it is not. Comair and ExpressJet are two of the better paid regionals out there and what I've heard from their pilots is about 30 a month. That seems to be the attrition across the board for all regionals independent of pay and qol.
There are jobs available, that is why people are leaving and managements at the regional level are not interested in anybody to stay because when hiring slows down at the majors they will end up with a low seniority (Lower pay) pilot group.

Do your time and move on folks

We lose 30 at pinnacle with 1200 pilots. So if XJT loses 30 a month with 2400 pilots, then pay does make a difference.

Latest resources

Back