Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CoopDog

SWA Pool Dog Paddler
First of all.....congrats to all of you. It's been a long time coming.

Second of all, I was talk'n with a fellow poolie buddy tonight, and we were hoping you guys would fill us in on how the Jan 12th class stacks up with the pool list.

Any chance that one of you dudes could print out a copy of the list and take it to class and let us know who's there? And who isn't? As I remember, only about 7 or 8 guys chimed in here with the official calls last month. It would be great to see who really showed.

Many of us "bubble boys" would like to know. Also any "official word" on class sizes would be most welcomed too.

Regards dudes,
Coop

ps- btw, never did get my panties in a wad over "no classes in Feb." It was one of my New Year's resolutions, along with dropping the usual 10 pounds. :D

Sorry...perhaps I misinterpreted, but did you just say that one of your new-years resolutions was to stop wearing panties??????

LOL just curious!

:p :D

...not meaning to hijack your thread, I now return you to your regular line of questions.

CoopDog said:

ps- btw, never did get my panties in a wad over "no classes in Feb." It was one of my New Year's resolutions, along with dropping the usual 10 pounds. :D

Coop -
Loose 10 pounds, and the panties fit better!

Also, is there any speculation out there when the PD will be calling people for the March classes? After listening to the flightops news line, it sounded kind of definative that classes will start March 1st and continue every two weeks until July. So.... why not call some poolies and let them know more than a couple of weeks out when to come to class? I mean, it is no big secret now when the classes are going to be held, why not throw the poolies a bone? In any case, it is good to finally see a class (12 Jan) of new hires go to Dallas again. Best wishes and hope we are all there soon.

Houman,
I'm just a fellow poolie so have no inside information, but the way I understand it is that SWA has never canceled a new hire class. Even after 9-11 they started the class that was scheduled the next week. One way they can continue this is to not announce to people 6 months out, oh yes, looks like you'll be in the 7 July class. Historically, it seems that the PD calls people 2 or 3 weeks out, telling the poolie to expect a call from the chief pilot. Then the CP calls with the actual offer of employment.

Not ideal for planning your life out in the next 2-3 months arena since you are sorta on the hook for a 2 week call out, but not bad considering the alternatives (i.e. AA where they had all kinds of guys with firm class dates in Sept/Oct/Nov 01 and will never probably be on the with company now. understandable, but a real kick in the pants if someone had rearranged their life around a 'firm class date' that went away permanently [and no, didn't happen to me, SWA is the only company that has ever offered me an interview much less a tentative employment offer; and that is just fine with me, wonderful and blessed is more like it]. Now don't misunderstand me, I totally can see why many of the majors did that, I mean they have thousands on furlough what is a 'firm class date' that never happened to that. But, it still remains that SWA has never had to do that and apparently doesn't plan to)

Just my interpretation of the data stream that is flightinfo.

Let er' rip skip!!!!

Hey Coop, Iv'e been gone and not sure if the message got back that I'm in.....best Christmas present that I'll EVER get. Looking forward to meeting everyone! It's going to be a good year for all the poolies and future poolies!!

DC8MAC

Latest resources

Back