Attn: Delta Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is for the General,

General, despite some feathers that you have risen in the past, I still think that you have a good grasp on the going ons at your airline. My question is simply this, what is happening down there? I was under the impression that you guys had come to an agreement with your management. Is there a chance for a strike or is this just propaganda? Just how low do these higher ups wanna take you guys? I do realize what a strike would mean to alot of people and their livelyhoods. Personaly, I never wanna see DAL go away or change its ways too much. I don't ever stand a chance of working with Delta but it does hold a good memory for me. My very first time that I ever flew on an airplane was on Delta. I was an unacompanied minor I believe.... Just trying to get the facts. Nobody wins if you guys sieze to exist.

crosscut said:
No, not management. He is the rebirth of Chuck/Lawman (both permanently expelled). Same obsession with the Delta pilots, same verbal diarrhea, new outer shell. Two weeks max before the real Lawman (UAL78) catches up to him.

You would think this kid would get tired of creating screen names to hide behind....Some kids never learn!

AMANSWORLD said:
What a jackass, people are fearing a loss of a job. Most have a family to support, most are good people - dude you are an asshole who deserves an ass whippin in the tool shed.
Does it have to be THE tool shed...I would think any tool shed would do...how about one of those portable outhouses? Just thow him in, drop a screwdriver in the hasp and tip it over.

MINIME said:
This is for the General,

General, despite some feathers that you have risen in the past, I still think that you have a good grasp on the going ons at your airline. My question is simply this, what is happening down there? I was under the impression that you guys had come to an agreement with your management. Is there a chance for a strike or is this just propaganda? Just how low do these higher ups wanna take you guys? I do realize what a strike would mean to alot of people and their livelyhoods. Personaly, I never wanna see DAL go away or change its ways too much. I don't ever stand a chance of working with Delta but it does hold a good memory for me. My very first time that I ever flew on an airplane was on Delta. I was an unacompanied minor I believe.... Just trying to get the facts. Nobody wins if you guys sieze to exist.

Minime,

I think a lot of this is posturing. Our agreement was a "temporary" one, to give us more time to come out with an agreeable settlement for everyone. Now, it seems the company does not want to budge on anything, and they are intent to ride the 1113 train as long as they can. I can understand why they are doing it, but I don't have to agree with it. They are in Chap 11, and this is their time to try to grab everything they can get. We of course don't want to give up any more, since we have had an average 47% pay cut from our December 2004 wages per plane. So, we have to make some noise to get the company to negotiate. We have to get into the media and say we will strike and get everyone whipped up. We have to do that to make them sit down and really negotiate. We know that we may lose some more things we don't want to, but there are some things that we will not budge on either, and Delta needs to know that. But, there really is a lot more discontent now compared to a couple of years ago. More and more of us are tired of giving and giving. Raising fares (we have 85% of the RASM compared to other legacy carriers) would help a bunch. So, I don't think it will come down to a full blown strike, but it will get nasty and there will be a lot of words in the press from both sides. It may happen, but it is unlikely. We will have a strike vote though, and that will pass. It is all just part of this process.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Ty Webb,

I'm not "blaming" you for saying enough is enough. I'm acknowledging that you ARE saying that and giving you alternatives when you're out of a job.

Wow you Delta guys fell for that bait, hook, line, and sinker. You're not near as smart as you give yourself credit for. How about Home Depot? They are always hiring.....

I'm sorry but, I don't see any honor in putting a whole company out of business for your own collective well being. What about the thousands of other people YOU will be putting on the street? How would you feel about being out of a job because all the dispatchers went on strike?

Last edited:
cosmotheassman said:
ASA is hiring. Just an FYI...If you need a place to go after you put delta out of business...

What a dumbass and we are not hiring........
DAL guys do what you gotta do......

cosmotheassman said:
What about the thousands of other people YOU will be putting on the street? How would you feel about being out of a job because all the dispatchers went on strike?

"How do YOU feel about being out of a job because the MANAGEMENT TEAM does not know how to properly manage their business & the thousand of people THEY have & will put on the street as a result?" I think your heart is in the right place but your brain is not.

Hey thanks for the info General. That really puts a light on things. Sorry if I sounded a little sentimental about my first flight and all. But it's true and it's definately something I think about quite a bit. Thanks...

MINIME said:
Hey thanks for the info General. That really puts a light on things. Sorry if I sounded a little sentimental about my first flight and all. But it's true and it's definately something I think about quite a bit. Thanks...

No problem. Have a good one.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back