• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attn: Crews flying to Hawaii

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

This was posted on mainline webboards a while ago - Mesa is abusing JS privileges for the Go! operation.

Here is an excerpt..............

"On xxxxxxx as I went to the gate before my OGG departure I was approached by a Mesa captain in uniform. He said he needed to get to Maui to TDY for the Go! operation for a week but Mesa would not get him a full fare ticket. He said they (the chief pilot) told him to nonrev or jumpseat out there. I told him he could not jumpseat to cover a Go! trip and we were weight restricted anyway, with at least one other AWA pilot trying to go as well. The guy was cool with it, he was not happy about the situation either and I got to thinking how often this had been done in the past. Mesa should be paying full fare for tickets to position crews for non AWA operations.

I submitted event reports to the company and to the J/S committee. We will see if anything comes of this."

Don't let the Cancer spread !! Make Mesa comply !!

Last edited:
Sounds like Mesa to me! Weren't they making there crews sleep in A/C's during stand up overnights????

I would like to know how many GO pilots are former US Airways Express pilots still using US Airways Flight Bennies to get out to Hawaii?

I wonder if these kids/people know what they're doing, or if M*SA management gives them incentives to save the company money. I mean, why would someone accept "you have to jumpseat to do TDY from the Chief Pilot?"

For the love of god, buy your employees a freakin' ticket...or even better, get out of Hawaii altogether.

IMHO,
NYB

Thanks for the heads up Doug. Did you hear anything back from the JS committee?
This is a very serious deal, I hope they don't ignore it.

This policy was ended long ago once the new union became involved. It’s old news can't you come up with anything better to bash mesa with.

This policy was ended long ago once the new union became involved. It’s old news can't you come up with anything better to bash mesa with.

Stall, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. I just went back and deleted my post on our web board.
This is not to bash you guys personally, I'll carry a mesa guy to Hawaii anytime I have room. The ones I have carried seem like good guys to me.
It's your management abusing the system that is unacceptable. We all get hurt including you guys in the long run.

Last edited:
dan, i believe the OP is referring to the things that were happening when go first started up. there were some attempts at abuse due to pressure or mis-guidance from the company but AFAIK everything was resolved via the 3 jumpseat committees a while back (HA, AQ, mesa).

though if this is something more recent (on AWA?), then this should be sent to the JS committees etc.

Latest resources

Back