ATTN: CA, AZ, NV, HI & UT female pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
new aviation association:

I'm thinking of starting my own association.
LBFMASS
League of Brown-skinned Females Matriculating in Aviation StudieS

Males will be welcome.

White Chicks can apply for scholarships, but figure the odds of you winning one.

Pull & Rotate said:
I was thinking a good sequel to "white Men Can't Jump" would be "Black Men Can't Ski". How do you think that would go over?

...yeah, my movie "Black guys can't golf" went out the window with Tiger Woods and Vijay Singh....I coulda been rich!

-mini

There arent as many scholarships for males because white males in aviation are a freaking dime a dozen. We're 98% of all 121/ATP/typed pilots and so therefore there are scholarships for females. Do I think its right? No. But you have to admit, we are the sole majority in this industry!

IP076 said:
Call me a pig, a racist, or whatever, but I think you are absolutely correct. In my time preparing for college, I did not see one scholarship that was specifically for white males, but saw several for just about every other race and women.

I often wondered if I applied for the UNCF scholarship, and they said I didn't qualify, if I could pay for college by suing them for racial descrimination....someone convinced me that it might not be a good idea to try.

Hey, all I'm asking for is equality here....nothing else....so, go ahead and flame away if you need too!

(p.s., to go along with the original intent of the post, I do agree the 99's are a very professional organization and benefit many people who love aviation, of both genders)

aviation only?!! No!.

Doesn't matter the profession, whenever the minority is not equal to the others being hired into the field then you surely can expect these sorts of scholarships to exist. I look at this as more or less of a "pick me up" or "feel good" sort of a hand out. This is indeed a male driven industry, numbers have always and will always be in our favor so don't expect any sort of help or assistance when it comes to these sorts of scholarships. I never did wonder "White male scholarships" never existed. Many are private memorial scholarships and they can and do make and dictate the rules so accept it and move on. Much better to be a part of the majority than being in a minority having to rely on these sorts of things to get where you want to go.

don't lose too much sleep over this. . .

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back