• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATTN: CA, AZ, NV, HI & UT female pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't mean to open up a can of worms.... but could i then make a global scholarship just for white men?

Wouldn't that be illegal?

mattpilot said:
I don't mean to open up a can of worms.... but could i then make a global scholarship just for white men?

Wouldn't that be illegal?

You mean like having a "White College" or a "UWCF" or "W.E.T." or something like that?

My friends and I have that discussion all the time. It's okay to call it a "black college" or have the "UNCF" or "BLACK entertainment television" (which I find it funny that a good percentage of their viewers are white (go figure) but if you had a "United White College Fund" or to take it a step farther "United White Male College Fund" there would be riots, challenges in supreme court, etc, etc.

At least we think so. Even my one friend (who is black) agrees...oh well. Ya know what...in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter if you're black or white, male or female.

-mini

I am gonna apply, and have my wife pick up the check:)

minitour said:
You mean like having a "White College" or a "UWCF" or "W.E.T." or something like that?

My friends and I have that discussion all the time. It's okay to call it a "black college" or have the "UNCF" or "BLACK entertainment television" (which I find it funny that a good percentage of their viewers are white (go figure) but if you had a "United White College Fund" or to take it a step farther "United White Male College Fund" there would be riots, challenges in supreme court, etc, etc.

At least we think so. Even my one friend (who is black) agrees...oh well. Ya know what...in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter if you're black or white, male or female.

-mini

Call me a pig, a racist, or whatever, but I think you are absolutely correct. In my time preparing for college, I did not see one scholarship that was specifically for white males, but saw several for just about every other race and women.

I often wondered if I applied for the UNCF scholarship, and they said I didn't qualify, if I could pay for college by suing them for racial descrimination....someone convinced me that it might not be a good idea to try.

Hey, all I'm asking for is equality here....nothing else....so, go ahead and flame away if you need too!

(p.s., to go along with the original intent of the post, I do agree the 99's are a very professional organization and benefit many people who love aviation, of both genders)

IP076 said:
Call me a pig, a racist,

PIG! RACIST!...Naa, I'm kiddin'...Hey, you guys, whatcha doin' all that squawkin' about?

They (women, blacks, 'spics, etc, etc, etc) need special attention.

We don't. Us White Guys. We are the Model all other species of humanoid life are trying to emulate,....so, give'em a break. They need it.

Pop another beer 'n pick up the remote, and continue surfin'.

Let them eat cake.

dash8driver said:
you only have one friend that is black? dood, that might have been ok in the 90's but as of the turn of the century 2 is minimun... 3 is pretty much standard.

lol

Yeah, it's kinda sad...we actually call him "Token" (South park) as a nickname...

Vik: Har har har

-mini

English said:
I don't think scholarships should be offered to "women only". That's one reason I respect Women in Aviation, the organization. Their scholarships are open to both men and women.
How many men have won a scholarship?

I don't know personally, as I don't keep track. However, I attended the 2001 conference, and I remember two men won scholarships that year.

Latest resources

Back