• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATTN: All major regional pilots med ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
However comprehensive any medical exam may be, you cannot be excluded for employment if you meet the criteria for a First Class Medical. Period. These medical exams may be significantly more comprehensive than what you might get from your friendly neighborhood AME; but still, they cannot disqualify you for employment if you meet the criteria for a First Class Medical as defined in Part 67.

And the medical exam may only come after you have received a conditional offer of employment.

Last edited:
Good point VFR on Top, I'm going to get the ANR set for my DC's ASAP because I want to continue being able to hold a first class. And from the sounds of the customer reviews I'm not going to be disapointed.

Flx757, thanks for the clear headsup. I now rest assured I can make it in the airline career provided my brain is up to the task because I know my hearing can make it :p

Thanks again!
Tyler

flx757 is correct. They cannot decline anyone who meets the requirements for a 1st class. However, many folks are walking around with medicals that they don't meet the requirements for, and the airlines have every right to verify that you indeed do meet the requirements in part 67. So make sure that your AME is on the up and up. I found out at my American Eagle medical that I'm 20/30 in my right eye. My AME never would have known because when he asks if I can read line 7, I say yes and that's good enough for him. Not that it would matter because like most people, I have line 7 memorized from having to read it so much.

After my medical at Eagle, I had to go to an optometrist, get an evaluation, get corrective lenses, and have them fax a form back to eagle that said that I was correctable to 20/20. American was then kind enough to forward that information to the FAA who re-issued my medical with a corrective lenses restriction. Now I have a re-issued certificate that doesn't have the AME's signature on it. so everytime I went to a checking event I had to explain why my medical wasn't signed by the AME.

Long story short, make absolutely sure you meet the requirements in 67 and you'll be cool. Do not, however, assume that because the AME gave you a 1st class that you actually meet the requirements for it.

Latest resources

Back