Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATTENTION NJA PILOTS: Captain overide pay!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Our objective is to identify the senior bidders for these positions and lobby for their support and assistance in allowing this bid to go junior. We recognize and appreciate that this is a huge sacrifice on the part of senior pilots who wish to bid these positions and we do not take that sacrifice lightly. Your generosity and solidarity will not be forgotten by your fellow pilots."

Is it just me or does anyone else read an implied threat if you don't play along? Isn't the whole point of seniority to take your place at the head of the line when it's your turn? While I understand what's trying to be accomplished with this I hope there won't be repurcussions against those that choose to exercise their seniority.

Hello Everyone,

I just came home from a tour. I am sure that everyone has heard about how with 91K there are a lot of crews standing around FBO’s for hours on end. The good news, at least in my case (APA for 3 days), is that it presented a good opportunity for a lot of company crews to hang out and talk about current issues. I personally had the pleasure of sharing crew rooms, crew cars, lobbies, restaurants, and sleep rooms with dozens and dozens of crews from every fleet in the NJA inventory that I would not have had otherwise.

My experience was all kinds of crews discussing all kinds of current events at length. The number of pilots involved with any one discussion was proportional to how many chairs the FBO would provide in any one space. One of those issues discussed at length happened to be FO pay, and the idea of another planned initiative. Out of everyone I listened to and spoke with I found “0” who did not wish the new FO’s well on trying to get another initiative together and wait for the outcome.

So maybe there is some hope for us FOs who have not achieved bypass status yet. Time will tell. The one constant is that there will be more openings with NJA as they acquire more and more Beechjets. Each announcement of another captain bid is another opportunity for the potential of success through unity, support, and communication.

Caveman…

I don’t know where your quote has come from, but I can’t imagine any hard feelings toward any pilot exercising his rights earned through seniority.

Good Luck to All

F9 Fan

You talked to what 50 people total? There are 2000 pilots here. You only need 4 guys to bid it or howmany the bid is open to.

The bypass pay will NOT happen for a long time if ever. The guys who made the push for the bypass had a compelling argument. They spent years on FO pay. The new hires have spent what a whole 4 months?

Guys gave up the 400xp so that fellow brothers could better their lives while sacraficing their own chance for moving forward.

1 bid came out since then. Guys are more than welcome to bid whatever they want. they allready sacraficed just a short time ago.

Make a better argument and you might change some minds. I think you'll see a contract before you another bypass upgrade pay.

Latest resources

Back