Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Well Said...

hobbsmeter said:
PS: It's still ok to respond to idiotic posts from established members, right? ;)

Absolutely... and I should be numero uno for some of the stuff I've put up!

Can you restrict the IP address itself? A person only has access to so many computers. Just a thought.

BTW, that Gulfstream deal sounds pretty good! Live on PFT!!

;)

hyper said:
Can you restrict the IP address itself? A person only has access to so many computers. Just a thought.

Unfortunately, the nature of non-static IP addresses makes that difficult. Each time such a user logs onto their server, they are assigned a new IP. Most high speed servers work like this.

However, we do have the option to trace their current IP and take action through their web server. There is much precedent for this and servers are quite cooperative these days.

Professional Aviation Forum

Keep this thread on top for a while. I enjoy this forum because most contributors offer intelligent and insightful comments and advice. It's obvious when some members are writing just to incite others. The best thing to do is ignore these characters and not appease them. Lets keep the bar up. Happy Holidays to all.

Yeah, I'm guilty too. Not of starting them, mind you...but when somebody jumps up and says something outrageous, it's hard to ignore. (Maybe I should see a therapist...)

Mostly I would agree, but as was pointed out in Flying the Line II, pilots - and their unions to a greater extent - have to become both more business and politically aware. The author goes to great pains (excessive in my opinion) to relate national politics as a cause to airline industry troubles in the 80s as effects in order to emphasize that need.

True, many of us have "gone beyond the pale" on some topics - myself included. I would submit, however, that some of those topics are germane even if somewhat tangentially. More often than not, they start off on point but quickly digress.

Turning every post into a flamefest adds no value to this important resource, but so would purely cockpit-specific discussions on the finer points of VSo calculations and holding pattern entries.

Respectfully,
NaCl Mutt

Salty Dog said:
Turning every post into a flamefest adds no value to this important resource, but so would purely cockpit-specific discussions on the finer points of VSo calculations and holding pattern entries.
Respectfully,
NaCl Mutt

Agreed. That's an excellent point... we must find a middle ground.

Latest resources

Back