• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention Former Jetblue Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FNG, thanks for your insightful and well thought out response. It is truly a bummer however that the industry is not hiring right now as it is quite obvious that you and Chef would be much happier someplace other than JetBlue. Come to think of it, the majority of us that take pride in our company would be happier to see you attain your goals as well...someplace else. Good luck.

Why should I go someplace else? I would rather continue to fight for what is right. What we have earned/deserves/were promised. Why should I go someplace else? If you don't like it that I fight for what is right/fair, then you should go someplace else.

Remember, 100% of us were kool-aid drinkers in the beginning, it is just that some of us have finally seen the facts. Seen management for what they really are, Business men. That all they care about is business. Well, I have taken off the blue colored glasses, seen the truth and realize that no one will take of me (or you). The only ones who are going to take care of us are ourselves (the pilot group). Until you recongnize that, you will continue to be fooled by management's lies and manipulation.

Just my opinion......

FNG

FNG, it is bad enough having to listen your your constant rhetoric on Bluepilot/B6pilots. You showing your head here is downright horrifying!

As for emotional attachment, I look at it this way. I want to come to work and have some amount of fun. I want to play nice with my crew and smile at the customers.

What some of you guys don't get is that in almost every other profession, anyone that just showed up and did the min with a piss-poor attitude would be fired in about 10 seconds flat.

Not giving a crap about your company is, IMO, like being in an emotionally abusive relationship and not leaving. Some people have left bad marriages behind and started fresh. Why don't you? The airline landscaped has changed. And just asking for more money in this landscape isn't going to get the industry back to where it was in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. The rise of the LCCs and 9/11 have changed everything.

Nobody owes anyone anything in this world. It doesn't mean you don't work for fair wages and workrules. But some of your sense's of entitlements are mindboggling!

Glad to surprise you. Been posting here for 6+ years!

My emotion about JetBlue is that it is my job. It is my source of pay, benefits and QOL. When the company fails me (and you) it shows that we need help. Do I care about how JetBlue does? You bet. But I am sick of JetBlue building the company on the backs of the employees.

The time to ask for more pay and compensation is NOW! Actually it was 1 year after the Oct 2001 pay scale started to correct for inflation. JetBlue management has taken advantage our pilot group for way way too long. If you continue to let them do it, they will continue to do so. Even when we were making 10/15/17% profit margins (all after Oct 2001) they sill didnt' want to correct our pay for inflation. As you can see, there is no time that management thinks is a good time to proivde increased compensation. They will always find an excuse. They will always manage JetBlue's revenue/cash/assets to justify. Remember, they can get rid of profits/cash in many different ways to make it look like we are hurting (think of Hangers, Hotels, CAL Live TV as just a few examples).

Fair is fair. Keep our pay scale uncorrected for inflation and having our benfits deterioate year after year in unfair and building the company on teh backs of the employees. This is unfair. Until you realize this, you will never see the real truth.

Just my opinion......

FNG

I want to play nice with my crew and smile at the customers.

What some of you guys don't get is that in almost every other profession, anyone that just showed up and did the min with a piss-poor attitude would be fired in about 10 seconds flat.

I'm going to be nice: I know you didn't address me and forgive me for bumping in...

Playing nice is good, however I come to work to operate an aircraft. I come to work with the intention of fulfilling my duties as Capt or First Officer. Playing nice has got the pilot group in some very bad practices that take us down a bad road regarding operation everyday. (I think you will agree)

I like smiling and actually enjoy flying, not because it's jetblue.

Showing up and doing the min gets you fired!? Have you seen guys working on the roads? Hundreds of employees that came down 54 stories to stand outside their building for a SMOKE BREAK? Watched "Office Space"?

Thanks for the exchange...

Now go change your name to something cool like V2+10 (now thats a real pilot). Why do I picture a guy in PJ's with little airplanes and a license plate that say's "I Fly A/B/E/C/?" :rolleyes:

were promised. I'm going to puke, are you guys that naive.

were promised. I'm going to puke, are you guys that naive.

I remember when the story was:
"you can trust Jetblue to live by the values and do the right thing. We finally work at a place we don't have to worry about anything."

Then the story went:
"a little push back is good. They just aren't hearing us. They just don't understand what it is we need. Give it some time."

Now the story is:
"you fools believed those promises? This place is a business just like any other business. But let's not let it affect the fun we're all having."

When are all you blue-crusaders gonna settle on a story?

UPDATE:

LLBL has gotten enough retainers to move forward.

They will continue to accept retainers through October 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesideup340
linepilot
Do you support Obama's health inssurance reform?

Why?
Do you have some tortured logic which justifies the lies you were all told?
Have you crafted some talking points that makes "values" and sewer level, wal-mart style health insurance harmonious?
Do you have some self-delusion to share that will help us all find the happy place that you live in?

linepilot
If you do not want to answer the question, just say so, not reason to go of the reservation with incoherent speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesideup340
linepilot
Do you support Obama's health inssurance reform?

linepilot
If you do not want to answer the question, just say so, not reason to go of the reservation with incoherent speech.

What???
I think this thread is winding down but if you want to pop up on another one and bait someone into an argument about Obama, you have fun with your bad self.

Latest resources

Back