Attention Former Jetblue Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spert, you are right! :eek:

A FlightInfo first....I was wrong about the intent...and I admit it under my own free will...

You 3A'ers are on crack.

Ask yourself what "Base Salary" means. It doesn't mean... 1 specific longevity for 1 specific seat. It means a "pay table" encompassing all seats and all longevity. You and the new hire were both offered an amended PEA with identical pay tables.... or base salary. There is no way an arbitrator/mediator is going to agree 3A was violated and award you guys the $60,000 you think you have coming!

This is about revenge. Revenge for being told, no we aren't going to keep the trigger at 70 hours. So the BOB decided to try and force the pay raises for bus captains from a different angle. 3A.

This whole thing is comical to watch. A BOB started this and got a handful of the most militant Union types to bite and build some momentum. Now the BOB's want to blame the union folks. When the reality is the vast majority of the pro-Union types realize this whole thing is bogus!

It doesn't mean... 1 specific longevity for 1 specific seat. It means a "pay table" encompassing all seats and all longevity. You and the new hire were both offered an amended PEA with identical pay tables.... or base salary.

Please email this to the attorney so they can drop the whole shebang.

I just don't have that much emotional attachment to JetBlue. It's a business for God's sake. Not my soulmate.

That's sad Chef. Please remember that we are talking about your career...your paycheck if you will. JetBlue may not be your soulmate but it does pay your bills. Maybe you don't rely on JetBlue for your everyday needs as I see you have an extensive military background but allot of people including myself do. Military pension maybe? From the aircraft that you have flown I can only assume that this is your first airline but I may be wrong.

With a civilian background (no military pension) and after 3 airlines that include 2 bankruptcies I have finally found an airline in JB that treats and pays me well. I want to retire here. Sure there could be improvements and that will always be the case. Nothing is perfect but this is far from bad...trust me...I've seen bad.

I know it's the unpopular thing to say, but a little more "emotional attachment" and pride in your company may not be such a bad thing...for all of us.

That's sad Chef. Please remember that we are talking about your career...your paycheck if you will. JetBlue may not be your soulmate but it does pay your bills. Maybe you don't rely on JetBlue for your everyday needs as I see you have an extensive military background but allot of people including myself do. Military pension maybe? From the aircraft that you have flown I can only assume that this is your first airline but I may be wrong.

With a civilian background (no military pension) and after 3 airlines that include 2 bankruptcies I have finally found an airline in JB that treats and pays me well. I want to retire here. Sure there could be improvements and that will always be the case. Nothing is perfect but this is far from bad...trust me...I've seen bad.

I know it's the unpopular thing to say, but a little more "emotional attachment" and pride in your company may not be such a bad thing...for all of us.

Holy Sh!t, you are soooo Jetblue! Reading this made me all "New-Hirish". Man can you give the next BS pilot meeting in T5? I'm so inspired... NOT.

Jetblue has never paid my Bills. I paid my bills with money EARNED from flying aircraft with hundreds of passengers aboard.

Please get off your knees. Wipe your mouth of that good blue love your soulmate gave you.

Again, If I was overpaid for 2-3 years... Jetblue would be all over me holding me to my contractual payrate. It's a contract, they wrote it, I signed it. Oh ya, they signed it also...

Now that's some good stuff.

No, no military pension (after I retire in the reserves, I will get one at age 60). No, no military healthcare (I'm UHC from the company). Yes, first airline. Last airline? You betcha.

If I lost this job tomorrow, honestly, I don't think I would miss it (I sure as hell wouldn't miss these paychecks). And I sure as hell wouldn't miss cleaning airplanes. Something tells me you wouldn't.

Hey wait a minute, where did I ever say JB was bad? I just said I had no emotional attachment to JB, no more than JB has to me, one of 2000 pilots and 12000 employ ... er, ahem, crewmembers.

Flying for JB is not my calling. It's just what I do. For now.

Latest resources

Back