Attending my first job fair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8er23

I am going to my first job fair in ATL this weekend. It is hosted by Jet-Jobs. I am hoping to do some networking and meet many recruiters from different companies. I am not really sure what to expect. Has anyone else attended one of these before? I hope something good comes out of it considering it costs 200 bucks.

I paid about the same 3 years ago to hear Kit Darby sell some books and "training". The companies that I showed up to see (the ones I thought Id be eligible for and were listed to show), came in the form of a basket which I was so glad to leave a resume in. I did get to speak with a Southwest recruiter who was very nice, but I wasnt near their competitive mins... she was nice though.
Hope yours is different, would be great if you could post some details.
Good luck in your search!

Vladimir Lenin said:
what are you looking to accomplish with your times...?
save the money and apply online

I think my times are markatable for the regionals and small cargo companies. With 1700 total and 500 jet I meet the mins for ASA, American Eagle, Airnet, & several others. I really just want to put a face with my resume and develope a releationship with the people that do the hiring for these companies.

With your times you can easily get on with a regional, and most likely flying a jet not a turbo prop. I am not a fan of 121 airlines in the career sense, if you already have an "in" with a 135 company, you can contiue on that way with you time as well. I wouldn't expect anything larger then a Lear or Citation, but there are tons of operators.

Where are you based?
I Like your current position...one of my friends seems to throw the shocker up in most of his pictures.

Latest resources

Back