• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Attending my first job fair

av8er23

Total Time
I am going to my first job fair in ATL this weekend. It is hosted by Jet-Jobs. I am hoping to do some networking and meet many recruiters from different companies. I am not really sure what to expect. Has anyone else attended one of these before? I hope something good comes out of it considering it costs 200 bucks.

pullmyfinger

Total Time
I paid about the same 3 years ago to hear Kit Darby sell some books and "training". The companies that I showed up to see (the ones I thought Id be eligible for and were listed to show), came in the form of a basket which I was so glad to leave a resume in. I did get to speak with a Southwest recruiter who was very nice, but I wasnt near their competitive mins... she was nice though.
Hope yours is different, would be great if you could post some details.
Good luck in your search!

av8er23

Total Time
Vladimir Lenin said:
what are you looking to accomplish with your times...?
save the money and apply online
I think my times are markatable for the regionals and small cargo companies. With 1700 total and 500 jet I meet the mins for ASA, American Eagle, Airnet, & several others. I really just want to put a face with my resume and develope a releationship with the people that do the hiring for these companies.

Shamus

FL 510
Total Time
With your times you can easily get on with a regional, and most likely flying a jet not a turbo prop. I am not a fan of 121 airlines in the career sense, if you already have an "in" with a 135 company, you can contiue on that way with you time as well. I wouldn't expect anything larger then a Lear or Citation, but there are tons of operators.

av8er23

Total Time
Where are you based?
I Like your current position...one of my friends seems to throw the shocker up in most of his pictures.